Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

Station updates for Wyoming

if he went through a bout of depression (due to the isolation...)...  he could always launch a "recall" effort to depose himself as mayor!

We seriously need to get this guy on board with ethanol!  Invite him to be a regular!

http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2013/09/04/news/01top_09-04-13.txt

Seems he is a "Vietnam War Vet"!  Hmmm?

name of post office and address will stay the same... former owner, will still be the manager of the station, and sole resident...

I can't imagine that a business owned by a NVA vet, selling vietnamese coffee will go over very well in those parts...  Maybe in south Los Angeles... but not rural Wyoming!

Anyways, the owner managed to get $900k out of the deal!

I met Don ,the (former) owner when I stopped in over the weekend.  Bought some coffee, too.

Seems it is selling well.  Not alot of advertising for "the GOOD stuff".  Might be a good draw IF

the price were competitive.  He spent time in Vietnam during the 60s  near Bien Hoa, in the south.

Is this near Poofter's Froth Wyoming? ;D

If you're talking about Little America,  it's up the road about 15 klicks...

I'm not sure that it's the place- the town video played "Branded-what do you do when you are a man" VS. Frank Zappa's Poofter's Froth song. ;D  Nice place though.

If the Vietnam war was still going on I would be suspecting the new owner of wanting to be close to the UP mainline in order to blow up the tracks- disrupting ordinance movements. However- since that is nearly 40 years behind us and most vets I know who struggled the most personally with the effects of that war and have the means to travel have toured Vietnam since, were welcomed with open arms, and carry little grudge today- the rest of us should not either--as evidenced by the former and new owner's current relationship.