Sign in to follow this  
ThinkEntropy

Submitting station prices for Maryland.

For some reason when I try to submit station prices for Maryland the drop-down boxes don't seem to work right.  What I mean is, when I select the city the station is in, the available stations in that city don't show up.  I've verified this issue on two different computers.

If someone from e85prices could help me out I'd love to update some prices for Maryland!

For some reason when I try to submit station prices for Maryland the drop-down boxes don't seem to work right.  What I mean is, when I select the city the station is in, the available stations in that city don't show up.  I've verified this issue on two different computers.

If someone from e85prices could help me out I'd love to update some prices for Maryland!

Goodmorning Think...  You need to "double click" city ..then Stations will appear..then "double click" Station you want and address will appear

You can also submit prices right form your "memberpage..  http://e85prices.com/member.php

1.FIRST click on "Favorites and Add Stations you want in your Favorites.

2. Then Click "bulk submissions" to actually add prices

I did not enter in any prices for a couple reasons...

First, I was going to input pricing for the county refueling station in Gaithersburg, MD., but I didn't take notice of their gas price, and the submission form wouldn't allow me to enter "$0.00" for the gas price.  So, I figured I'd drive by there tomorrow and jot down the gas price so I can input all of the pertinent information.

Second, I was going to submit E85 prices for the gas station right next to me, but it isn't currently entered in your database.  I /was/ going to submit it, but I thought twice because they've been out of E85 for months now, and I'm starting to wonder if they ever plan to carry it anymore.  I think my fears are justified particularly because they sell regular gas for a mere $0.05 more per gallon ($2.98 versus $3.03)! 

Actually, with that said, four of the five stations in my area (including the one listed above, two others in Germantown, MD., and one in Rockville) advertise E85, but haven't carried it for months.  I asked all of the station attendants and they all tell me they're getting more E85 soon, even though this has been going on since about September-ish.  The only place that carries it right now is the county refueling station, and they charge a whopping $3.12/gallon  :'(

Please let me know what you'd like me to do and I'll provide whatever information you think is useful to the community.  I really appreciate what you've done here with this website and I'd like to help contribute where I can.

Hey Dan, I feel like an idiot, so please forgive me...

I was able to submit some station prices for Maryland, but it looks like they've since changed, and I'm not sure how to edit my submissions.  The new price for E85/gas at the W Express station is $3.00/$3.05 respectively.

Also, I realized I had the wrong city entered for the Crabbs Branch station (doh!).  jbugMD was kind enough to submit a more recent price, and also got the city right to boot.  So I was curious if I'm able to delete that particular post I made or if you guys do it on your end?

Thanks!

Hey Dan, I feel like an idiot, so please forgive me...

I was able to submit some station prices for Maryland, but it looks like they've since changed, and I'm not sure how to edit my submissions.  The new price for E85/gas at the W Express station is $3.00/$3.05 respectively.

Also, I realized I had the wrong city entered for the Crabbs Branch station (doh!).  jbugMD was kind enough to submit a more recent price, and also got the city right to boot.  So I was curious if I'm able to delete that particular post I made or if you guys do it on your end?

Thanks!

Hello Think

Geez how did $9.99 get by me !  .. Price deleted ..you can re submit.  ThinkEntropy when prices change..even same day simply submit a New Price..

If you see you made an error simply post here and well take care of it..  I'll give some thought about adding some kind of "edit" permissions..

Dan, do you want a warning for prices over $5?

give it a few years... if/when the world wide, and domestic economies rebound, and demand begins to climb... we could very well see $5+ gasoline... :o

I would sure hate to be one of those people with no choice on how I fill my family's autos ;)

Second, I was going to submit E85 prices for the gas station right next to me, but it isn't currently entered in your database.  I /was/ going to submit it, but I thought twice because they've been out of E85 for months now, and I'm starting to wonder if they ever plan to carry it anymore.

I'd do several things...

1.  talk to the manager and point out that the REASON they were not selling e85 was because they were pricing it way too high... point out the magic 15% price spread number...

2.  point out to them the actual cost of ethanol, and how if his supplier is charging him WAY more then this, giving him no choice but to pass on the cost, maybe he needs to look harder for a better supplier of ethanol.

3.  Tell the manager about this site, and that when priced properly, people will choose e85... and go out of their way to buy ONLY there,  right now they are just avoiding his store!

4.  Let us know ASAP when/if they start carrying e85 again!