Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

We can play less defense," said one oil industry lobbyist. (Election Results)

"We can play less defense," said one oil industry lobbyist. "We can get more creative." He said that new priorities would be to block new regulations requiring greater use of ethanol, lower nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide emissions, and higher efficiency boilers. The EPA's proposed rules that prepare the way for the regulation of carbon dioxide emissions -- known as tailoring and endangerment -- are also targets. Efforts to limit EPA's power by legislation could "percolate next year and be ripe for an appropriations fight this time next year," he predicted.

I think if it wasnt clear before the election it is now ...ethanol is going to get hammered

VEETC was going to be phased out anyway but I suspect we see a total elimination of VEETC within 2 years..that dosnet bother me as much as worrying about If any of those funds now have any chance at all going to high blend infrastrcture..ie Growth Energy Plan

although ..Vilsak seems to think thye have funds already available for blenders (the 10,000 new he was planning a few weeks ago)..so that should stil go forward?

And we wonder why we are addicted to oil?

"We can play less defense," said one oil industry lobbyist. "We can get more creative." He said that new priorities would be to block new regulations requiring greater use of ethanol, lower nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide emissions, and higher efficiency boilers. The EPA's proposed rules that prepare the way for the regulation of carbon dioxide emissions -- known as tailoring and endangerment -- are also targets. Efforts to limit EPA's power by legislation could "percolate next year and be ripe for an appropriations fight this time next year," he predicted.

And we wonder why we are addicted to oil?

Well the Gov and EPA are evil and in the way of progress ..said the Voters  :-X

I know the first business for the lame duck Congress is the the Tax Cuts ..just  a matter if extending them for those above 250K or not ...if they can settle that quickly ..  I believe ..maybe we can get some action on the VEETC and Growths Infrastructure plan before the new Senators take their seats..hard for either Party to make any Changes AFTER  Jan 1 (despite the play nice talk..the Senate and House aren't going to agree on much of anything).. so I think it's going to be imperative they get it done before then

Going to be interesting ..next 45 days are critical IMO

I don't think there needs to be an imperative "the sky is falling" attitude towards the new incoming congress...

Without getting "too political"... IMHO, the new batch of republican congressmen/women are not your typical GOP-big-business/big-oil connected bureaucrats...  :-X they are grass roots, get things done folks who want to see a strong American economy, based on strong American industry.  Ethanol, and domestic fuels are a big part of that.

Don't count them out yet... ;)

I don't think there needs to be an imperative "the sky is falling" attitude towards the new incoming congress...

Without getting "too political"... IMHO, the new batch of republican congressmen/women are not your typical GOP-big-business/big-oil connected bureaucrats...  :-X they are grass roots, get things done folks who want to see a strong American economy, based on strong American industry.  Ethanol, and domestic fuels are a big part of that.

Don't count them out yet... ;)

Morning Husker.. the issue is the Cut Government Platform that Repubs ran on..  They were elected to Cut the size of Government Spending and Ethanol Subsidies were tops on the list on the Energy Sector  ..(despite the fact that a few Pro Ethanol Repubs were elected).

They wont Risk Voter revenge if they don't do what they were elected to do..Work to Cut Spending  ..

Right now during Lame Duck if they can go ahead and take care of ethanol and the high blend infrastructure it would be almost impossible to  repeal any new Ethanol/infrastructure legislation over the next 2 years at least because the Senate is in Dem Control ..the House in Repub Control..and they are NOT going to "work together"  Gridlock is here..I don't believe much of anything is going to get done after January

Just saying it would be easier to get legislation passed now because of the upcoming gridlock

34 ships, 5 large passenger jets, 13 heavy lift cargo aircraft and 3 helicopters used for a presidential trip to India seems a little addicted to oil to me.

You dont actually belive that nonsense do you?

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will not be protected by a vast armada of 34 US warships when he visits Mumbai this weekend, officials said, calling reports from India on security preparations "comical."

The claim that many of the 288-ship US naval fleet would be deployed to waters off Mumbai was "absolutely absurd," Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell told reporters on Thursday.

US officials usually decline to discuss details about security precautions for the president, but the media accounts circulating out of India were so off the mark that press officers at the Pentagon and the White House said they felt compelled to speak up.

"I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd this notion that somehow we were deploying 10 percent of the Navy -- some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier -- in support of the president's trip to Asia," Morrell said.

"That's just comical. Nothing close to that is being done," he said.

gridlock does appear to be a virtual certainty...  I don't believe though that the new House will look to through Ethanol under the bus though!  The new incoming GOP candidates are not about cutting ALL spending.. just wasteful, frivolous, corrupt spending... ;)

They are about promoting domestic industry, and not letting government get in the way of industry... minimizing government intrusion.  If they are looking to cut spending... there are an awful lot more places that NEED to be cut that don't support so many grass roots jobs.

I'm a bit biased I know...  ;D

You dont actually belive that nonsense do you?

I don't really see an issue. Foreign trips are important and the president's safety is important. They have worked out over our history how to best handle safety details and even if that is what it takes then so be it.

I don't want to get too political either but look back at the recent past.

The biodiesel tax credit was enacted under a republican president, house and senate.

The RFS was enacted with a republican president, house and senate.

The RFS2 was enacted with a democratic house and senate and a republican president.

The biodiesel credit expired when democrats under a democratic president, house, and senate.

The EPA, DOE, and UL strung out approval of E85 pumps under a republican president and under a democratic president.

The EPA and DOE strung out the approval of E15 under a democratic president, house and senate.

It has been a mixed bag under both parties and I doubt that will change much. I really don't think that biofuels are as much of a partisan issue as they are a regional issue.