Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2012 Ford Focus will be E85

That is assuming the 9 gallons topped it off.

The 9 gallons didn't top it off. Didn't reset anything. If the E85 was 75%, then I think the blend was 65 to 70. Isn't the read out display what mileage is at the time. It doesn't change fast but up or down a hill will make it change a tenth pretty often.

Some more info. I figured out how to reset the Average Fuel Economy. Just made a 34 mile loop getting my corn check from the elevator and going to the bank. The bank and E85 pump are 10 miles away. By the time I got to the elevator 16 miles away the AFE was reading about 30---going up hill and a little wind. Coming back to Primghar it was getting into the low 30's. Put in 8.9 gallons E85 so should be almost 75% Eth and reset again. By the time I was in the garage it was on 34.7----set cruise on 59mph but was driving like Granny getting up to speed. Dropped a 100 feet elevation also. Figured the trip to Missouri and back with 385 miles of E20 and 202 miles of E65 or better when I added the 9 gallons of E85 and came up with whole trip average of 32.77 mpg and that was driving 70mph most of the time.

I know... makes the 20.3 I'm at on my 2010 Fusion with the 3.0 V6 look pretty lame!

Though the power that monster will put out is more then I'm used to.  Can't help but think that I'm dragging WAY MORE WEIGHT around then I need to with that big V6.

Can't help but think that I'm dragging WAY MORE WEIGHT around then I need to with that big V6.

Difficult to change that now- but you can toss the junk out of the trunk and use a treadmill to reduce weight. ;D

Your mileage will improve as you break in the vehicle.  It may take 5,000 miles or so to fully do as I experienced with my then new Escape Hybrid.  Pump your tire psi up higher than "stated" levels on the door to immediately obtain an improvement.  I'm getting over 30mpg with my 05 Escape Hybrid when conditions allow--longer drive than 10 miles, temperature above 45/50F and I can drive between 30-50mph.  I  have not had a chance to drive on the interstate for any long length at 60mph.