Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2012 Ford Focus will be E85

Thanks for all the research. Maybe time to trade the VW TDI for a Focus.

Well I did it today. They didn't have what I wanted on the lot so it was ordered and supposed to arrive in 6 to 8 weeks. I wanted red, aluminum 16 inch wheels, cruise,6 speed power shift, and air so ended up with the SE Sport package sedan---don't like the looks of the hatch back.

Thanks for all the research. Maybe time to trade the VW TDI for a Focus.

Well I did it today. They didn't have what I wanted on the lot so it was ordered and supposed to arrive in 6 to 8 weeks. I wanted red, aluminum 16 inch wheels, cruise,6 speed power shift, and air so ended up with the SE Sport package sedan---don't like the looks of the hatch back.

Congrats Cessna..very nice looking car

Interesting to see what kind of real world MPG's you get

Interesting to see what kind of real world MPG's you get

Yeah, I'm curious also. I'm not an aggressive driver----I'll go fast but take my time getting up to speed. Hope it'll do mid 30's on E85.

Sweet. I was debating it since a SE with disk brakes isn't too expensive, I'd have to get the manual though. I was looking at a titanium with the handling package but it's still $20k after rebates. I got a quote, by accident  :D, for a SE that was very favorable, $15k. Just can't do it right now, I have to wait to see how the Toyobaru twins pan out anyway.

Congrats, cessna.  Will be interesting to see how it runs.  Did you get the high mileage one or the SE package?

If I had to give one bit of advice, I'd say research the motoman break-in procedure and start doing that right as you leave the dealer lot. Basically several pulls of moderate power acceleration (building more and more power each time) with coast down portions of high vacuum to help pull any specs of break-in metal off the cylinder walls.

I did this break-in on my engine rebuild and have been spectacularly pleased with the results.  You have seen my post with the 6200 mile oil still looking like honey on the dipstick.  I'm crossing the 7,000 mile mark on the oil fill after that one (on the way to 8,000) and the oil still looks the same.  I haven't even added any oil and it's still 2/3 the way up between 'full' and 'add'.  So 8,000 miles, clean oil and no make-up oil = a great break-in by my account!

PS - Should maybe split this off to it's own topic?  It's certainly worthy of it's own thread.

great to see that the Ford Focus is going FFV on the 4 cylinder.

How long till GM does the same on the Cruze?  Chrysler on the Caliber?

Then you will see LOTS of FFVs out there... hopefully filling the fleet and rental markets as well!

Did you get the high mileage one or the SE package?

I got the SE and then added Sport package to that since I wanted 16 inch alloy wheels. According to Ford the sport has stiffer suspension, rear spoiler that I didn't care about but after seeing it, I like it and maybe the Candy Red---maybe a couple of other things. I know when breaking in a new airplane engine, they say run it hard so as not to glaze the cylinders. By the time I get it, I'll probably make a trip to Virginia to see my sister---1400 miles in a couple of days. Sure glad James alerted us to the build number and official flex fuel status.

I love seeing dedicated e85 only members (myself included) doing cross country trips, making price and mileage reports...

Some times when we do these, it is the ONLY time some off the beaten path stations have prices reported.