Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2012 Ford Focus will be E85

These were 2012 Focus sedans , with something that looked like a Greenleaf  below the trunklid.

This is the emblem used to denote FFVs in the past, is it not??

--Edit--  attached , please find the window sticker...

Cool..Thanks for the clarification Greengenes..so yes the 2.0 is a FFV

post-1-138947093782_thumb.png

I still like the tactic of going up to a dealership... getting them all gung ho on an "easy sell" as you love the vehicle so much....

Then pull the rug out saying "I was so excited to read that ford was finally making a 4 cylinder FFV..." then watch them squirm saying........

"So it is NOT FFV... I'm sorry... Here is my number, call me when you get any FFV focuses (or foci)"... then walk.

If they voice these complaints, and get multiple of them... maybe THEN they'll get the message that there might be an unmet demand needing to be filled.

Unfortunately the Focus is too "soft" and only has a 5spd with worse FE. Being a FFV would only make my decision harder as I am stuck between a Mazda3 (they offer a 6spd manual, hatchback, with better FE) or the New FRS/BRZ. I did talk to someone knowledgeable about Ethanol but he got a phone call after we had checked all the vehicles. I mentioned they usually have a FFV badge and the #7 Vin would be K. He just checked for the yellow fuel caps.  ;)

I'll try to use that tactic with the local dealers. We have E85 in every major village so there is no excuse. I'm going to do that to the Import dealers too.  ;D

I've had this conversation with the 3 domestic makes... as well as with Volvo. 

"they make sell them in Europe... why can't we get them here?..."

Have you gotten "they only make those in SUVs"... "why would you want that?"..."it might take ethanol, but that junk will ruin the engine in time... I'd avoid it"...

And this is from people trying to SELL you a car... people who are SUPPOSE to know their stuff...

Many threads on this topic over the years.

Sad when it is up to the general public to work on educating the professionals over an extended period of time... only to have them grow more ignorant...

To get back to this. I did find some information while looking up invoices for 2012 Focus and they list the Fed emissions engine as a FFV. So I check the ford website and lo' and behold it says the same thing but with a note.

Regular (Flex Fuel E85 capability late availability)

Source:2012 Focus Engines/Motor

So maybe the early ones were non-ffvs and the newer shipments will be?

I just found a date on that switch over. While pricing a 2012 Focus on KBB they list the FFV engine as only available after 1/15/2012.  ;D I should test drive one and compare it to a Mazda3 skyactiv. Just incase.