Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2012 Ford Focus will be E85

And like I was saying there will probably be another 3 or 4 new FFV's entering the market by then.. I'm sure I'll fall in love again  ;D

I doubt there will be 3 or 4 more FFVs entering the market before the Focus does. For the most part all the "2011" models have already hit the streets. Ford on the other hand has been making a habit of introducing next years "100%" new model about 6 months before the time everyone else does. Which means come Mar or Apr you'll be able to get the 2012 Focus while everyone else will still be selling the same 2011 models they are now. Of course there is nothing to stop the other mfgs from a mid model year addition, or their own early intro.

Now if your talking about more FFVs coming on the market before you are ready to plunk down the cash for a new vehicle it may be a different story.

as a consumer... isn't it nice to have choices! 8)  I'm not a "ford man"... but I'm thinking the focus is the one I'd pick...

With my budget and time line... I'm probably not looking to replace my '99 Lumina/conversion for 2-3 years (with any luck on my part)... and then will look for a used Stratus/Malibu from the State of Nebraska's fleet at auction...  Not in the 40mpg range... but would be a good mid sized FFV.

I have a 2000 Focus and its been one of the best cars we have owned in 45 yrs.    I used over 80% ethanol mix two weeks ago and had 0 issues both cars just cruise on it.

Next year, Mazda will sell a car in Japan that gets 70.5 miles per gallon (mpg), or 30 kilometers per liter.

Mazda says the biggest source of improvement for the Mazda 2 is a new engine that compresses the fuel-air mixture in the engine far more than conventional gasoline engines do. Ordinarily, gas engines have about a 10-to-1 compression ratio. Mazda increased this to 14 to 1, a level typically seen only in diesel engines.

http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/26613/?p1=MstRcnt

I'm bumping this to bring light to the fact that the 2012 Focus is here and it is still Gasoline only and no change in sight. Ford is also not advertising FFV at all on their website and instead pushing Ecoboost on the F-150 and BEVs.  blankface.gif

Plus the curb weight for the 2012 Focus is 2900lbs.  :(

And yet Europe is getting the Focus FFV..

Official Ford Press Release

All-New Ford Focus Expands Choice of Green Powertrains New Ford Focus gives consumers in Europe additional green choices with ultra-efficient PowerShift automatic transmission and E85 Flexifuel versions Advanced high-efficiency Ford PowerShift automatic with dual dry-clutch technology now available on Focus 1.6-litre 125PS petrol model – the first application in Ford's European product range New PowerShift transmission delivers more responsive and refined performance while cutting CO2 emissions by 19 per cent compared to previous Focus 1.6 automatic Unique Flexifuel Focus with 120PS 1.6-litre engine allows customers to take advantage of green E85 fuel containing bio-ethanol Use of bio-fuel significantly reduces the vehicle's carbon footprint, without compromising performance or driveability Focus 1.6-litre with PowerShift and Focus Flexifuel available from late summer 2011 COLOGNE, Germany, 19 AUGUST, 2011 – The green appeal of the exciting all-new Ford Focus takes a further boost with the availability of two additional low-carbon powertrain options. The introduction of the ultra-efficient Ford PowerShift automatic with dual dry-clutch technology, and the Flexifuel derivative capable of utilising E85 fuel containing bio-ethanol, provide Focus customers with two attractive new green alternatives. "Cutting CO2 emissions and fuel consumption was a top priority on the Ford Focus, and these two new models further expand the choice of green options for Focus customers," said Roelant de Waard, Vice President, Marketing Sales and Service, Ford of Europe. "Our investment in the latest powertrain technologies – from state-of-the-art diesels to the exciting new Ford EcoBoost petrol engines – is making a real difference to the performance of our products. The introduction of advanced PowerShift and E85 Flexifuel models gives Focus drivers fresh new ways to reduce their carbon footprint." High-Efficiency PowerShift Automatic New Ford Focus models with the 125PS 1.6-litre Duratec Ti-VCT petrol engine can now be specified with the high-efficiency 6-speed Ford PowerShift automatic transmission with dual dry-clutch technology. This is the first application of the advanced dry-clutch PowerShift transmission in Ford's European product range, and replaces the conventional 4-speed torque-converter automatic which was available with petrol engines in the previous Focus model. The ultra-efficient PowerShift transmission helps deliver significant reductions in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, while also providing a more responsive and refined driving experience. Compared to the 100PS 1.6-litre automatic model in the previous Focus, the new Focus 1.6 with PowerShift has cut CO2 emissions by 19 per cent to 149g/km, and now achieves an average fuel consumption of 6.4 litres/100km (44.1mpg). At the same time, the 0-100km/h acceleration time is reduced from 13.6 to 11.7 seconds. "The efficiency and responsiveness of the latest PowerShift transmission transform the appeal of the new Focus automatic model," said Graham Hoare, Executive Director Powertrain Development, Ford of Europe.

I drove one of the Focus Hatchbacks last weekend. The 6 spd auto trans was abit mushy for my taste,

but I hear that is part of the "learning" process.  There were  a few FFVs on the lot , but not in a HB.

Didn't even notice the movable cooling apparatus.  I wasn't much impressed.  With the car -OR- the dealer.

Salesman kept insisting that E85 would end up costing me alot more to operate with.

-- Meanwhile ,  down the street --- the lowest price E85 in Colorado , in quite some time.

These were 2012 Focus sedans , with something that looked like a Greenleaf  below the trunklid.

This is the emblem used to denote FFVs in the past, is it not??

--Edit--  attached , please find the window sticker...

628_.pdf