Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2012 Ford Focus will be E85

First we were going to trade in the HHR on the Buick Regal 2.0 Turbo..then decided we would instead get the Chev Cruze..12,000 less than the Regal.. 40MPG and simply add a conversion jit to it..

NOW with the 2012 Focus already FFV and 40mpg..and overall looks like  anice car than the Cruze...leaning that way ..

Of course by next spring well see 3 or 4 more new FFVs.. so probably change our mind again ;D

Thinking about replacing the HHR so soon? IIRC you haven't had it but about a year, or are you just thinking longer term than replacing it in a few months, since the 2012 Focus is supposed to hit the streets sometime in spring 2011.

Personally I'm a little skeptical about that 40MPG claim, that is what they are currently advertising the Fiesta's MPG to be. However at least in my state of Californication the best I've seen on any sticker is 39 MPG, don't know if you people who don't live in one of the dozen states of Californication can get one rated at an actual 40MPG.

If it does meet the Fiesta's MPG does that mean they are already giving up on the Fiesta? Or do they have some tricks up their sleeve that will put the Fiesta's MPG in the 45 range. While the Fiesta is the best car in the class it's big draw and advertising focus is that 40 MPG so if consumers can get a larger car with the same MPG for an extra $10-$20 a month I don't see much market for the Fiesta since the Focus should match or better the Fiesta's comfort, driving dynamics ect.

I think every manufacturer feels the need to have an offering in every segment.

Fiesta (sub compact) Focus (compact) Fusion  (midsize) Taurus (Full) etc. Another reason to have both is trendiness. Heck if it weren't for show, cars like the Mini and Smart wouldn't exist at all with their horrendous reliability.

Up until this year Ford hadn't had an offering in the Fiesta's segment for many years. Of course they really didn't need one since the current Focus got as good or better MPG than the majority of the offerings in that segment.

I think every manufacturer feels the need to have an offering in every segment.

Fiesta (sub compact) Focus (compact) Fusion  (midsize) Taurus (Full) etc. Another reason to have both is trendiness. Heck if it weren't for show, cars like the Mini and Smart wouldn't exist at all with their horrendous reliability.

Thinking about replacing the HHR so soon? IIRC you haven't had it but about a year, or are you just thinking longer term than replacing it in a few months, since the 2012 Focus is supposed to hit the streets sometime in spring 2011.

EMAS I don't think I have ever owned a vehicle more than 2 years..

Just get bored and want to try play around with different vehicle.. lets see Olds Alero , Chevy Blazer , Ford Explorer , Suzuki Aero , NIssan D21 , Ford Thunderbird and the HHR over the past 5 years  ..

Just get bored and want to try play around with different vehicle.

I barely make it until the vehicle is paid off.

I just got E-mail from Ford offering $500 off on pre-orders for the 2012 Focus. In it they state "Select models have a shutter in the grille that closes to make the car more aerodynamic". Very interesting, active aerodynamics on a main stream compact car. They are also offering  "Torque Vectoring Control" which splits the torque on cornering to "eliminate understeer" and automatic parallel parking. ESC is also going to be standard. A couple other first in class items are the availability of dual electronic climate control and heated seats in either the base cloth or optional leather.

So there is no doubt that the Focus will be in a class by itself offering the kinds of standard and optional features that up until now haven't been offered in any compact car, not even those at much higher price points, assuming they don't up the price too significantly.

In it they state "Select models have a shutter in the grille that closes to make the car more aerodynamic".

Yep that was in their press release... closes at high speed . I believe the Chevy Cruze has it as well

Just get bored and want to try play around with different vehicle.. lets see Olds Alero , Chevy Blazer , Ford Explorer , Suzuki Aero , NIssan D21 , Ford Thunderbird and the HHR over the past 5 years  ..

I understand the getting bored thing, I used to change cars once a year or so. However that was back when I would buy cars that needed some fixing, often major, and then sell them before they needed much else and before they depreciated to below what I had into them. I went for years with my wife and I driving a different car every year or so w/o spending a dime on it other than fuel and insurance. It was also before I bought my first Crown Vic. My current CV I've had for near 10 years. I still have the first one for a parts car and I'd likely be driving it with around 275K on it if it wasn't T-boned in it.

So are you going to place a pre-order for the new Focus and save that $500? I wish I had made it to the state fair where the preview tour made a 2 day stop. It sounds pretty good but I'd still like to actually see, touch feel and drive it before I actually commit to buying one. I do like the idea of being able to place an actual order just like you did in the old days. If I am going to spend the $$$ for a brand new car I want it exactly how I want it. With our Mountaineer I looked at the inventory of just about every dealer in the state and a few out of state until I found the exact one I wanted.

So are you going to place a pre-order for the new Focus and save that $500? I wish I had made it to the state fair where the preview tour made a 2 day stop. It sounds pretty good but I'd still like to actually see, touch feel and drive it before I actually commit to buying one.

Morniong EMAS No pre order..same thing want to get the feel of it first  test drive .. may get in it and not like it at all . Cars a lot like a new pair of shoes ..have to try them on first.

And like I was saying there will probably be another 3 or 4 new FFV's entering the market by then.. I'm sure I'll fall in love again  ;D