Sign in to follow this  
RDKamikaze

Coming back into E85!! 2006 2AZ-FE 4cyl Toyota Solara What do I need now??

Okay everyone, I used to be a HUGE proponent of the earlier E85 and HHO systems (I helped with some awesome stuff back in the day) and since a few years ago according to my last posts, I just stopped because gas prices fell from the insane $4 mark.  I know, I know, shame on me for giving up on my passion, but school, work, and my life were eating up so much of my time that I didn't have time to play with my car and get the most efficient mileage!!  I'm sorry, please forgive me!!

Fast forward two years and now I'm not seeing (after a quick search) those E85 conversion snap-on kits anymore.  I had one by WhiteLightning I bought for like $200 or something and still have it.  Does this mean we proved the delay of fuel injector timing to be un-beneficial?  Oh noes!!

Anyway, here's my question now: What do we need nowadays to get up to snuff and running *in most cases* for E85?  I have the tempting station down the street I haven't touched for a few years now, and with gas prices trickling to the top I want to go back to my ways.  I might stay away from HHO for a while (that requires such devotion, but with such come beautiful benefits!!) and just do E85 for quick savings and happiness.

So that's that, fill me in on what's new, what's hot, and what I need to do to get up and running again!!  I don't remember whether or not simply plugging in my E85 kit from WhiteLightning did the trick back then, but I might as well try it now if you all don't have newer input (which I'm sure you do!!).  I want to get the most out of E85, so give me your knowledge my friends!!

Thanks for welcoming me back into the community!! :D :D

Woah - Never thought I'd see the return of the 70mpg solara and see fleebut make a clear, concise post only two sentences long.  Much less both in the same thread!  Figured RD won the million dollar HHO challenge and was living the easy life in the Bahamas or something.  Well, welcome back - I've got to print this out and go get it framed...