Sign in to follow this  
fleebut

Can or should I do this, what to do, will I be lucky?

Reference- "Why can I do this, what did I do right or am I just lucky"

Does anyone know of a web site dedicated to personal test/rating of their vehicles burning ethanol? Meaning a database type comparison or spread sheet with actual mpg experience, repairs, ethanol blend, and miles driven. Maybe a listing of engine type with horizontal line of categories, i.e. mpg, e10, e0, e85. Under comments a short summary or repairs or experience. Maybe a volunteer conformance procedure (honor code) to standardize data. A printable test report form.  Some of us could utilize for tax purposes? Best to use real calculations of gallons in, miles driven, condition (city, freeway, rural), average trip length, etc. 

Data or personal testimony per Outlaw and others valuable to public. Most will search internet for recommendations, ratings, and personal experience before attempting to burn ethanol. This section or web site could be loaded with such. Maybe a thumbnail of vehicle/weed wacker within the summary spread sheet with a link to personal page of general discussion and experience.

Much interest out their to search of real life experiences of those who burn ethanol type fuels? Cost of fuel, availability, and real life experience of someone with same vehicle.  Easy searchable data.

Info could be color coded upon integrity. Meaning if test was repeated and if a long history of miles driven would place info as black. A fuel test conforming to test sheet requirements would be black. A general estimate would be colored yellow. Suspect data colored red.

Best data of long term season to season experience of total gallons and miles driven. Would be great to fuel up at same station and know base stock and ethanol concentration.  There is a test procedure to determine ethanol concentration by adding water to known volume of fuel and watch for phase separation. May a stiff yet flexible poly tube be used to sample fuel tank per dip and close top end with thumb?

Would be great to test mpg for ethanol concentration starting with e0.  Some will have real experience pulling trailers or maximum hp requirements. Do this only with flex vehicles and report experience of E85 vs plain unleaded.  Tire pressure, driving conditions, speed, all should be assessed. Reporting most valuable if standard conditions repeatable with repeatable results. So, fueling up at same gas station important as well as similar driving conditions.

Most important to report all info whether strict test or general experience. Data color coded to imply integrity. We want feedback even if anecdotal.

Wow what a great idea,  just think put in your search and real experience and all questions are answered.    Its much like here but I think you hit on something,  to bad the sheep are being led to slaughter because they dont know or want to see how ethanol can work.