Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

***Rusty *** E85 Finally coming to Waterloo / CF !!!

About time! Congrats Buddy nice to see you finally getting E85 locally

The Cedar Falls City Council and staff should be commended for being flexible enough to allow a logical addition to its industrial park area, despite some zoning hurdles.

The council recently approved a site plan for a new Kwik Star gas station and convenience store to complement the industrial park.

The proposal by Lockard Development and La Crosse, Wis.-based Kwik Trip Inc., which operates Kwik Star stores locally, includes a state-of-the art operation at Nordic Drive and Ridgeway Avenue. Plans call for a brick building on a 4-acre site complete with extensive landscaping. It includes a car wash; gasoline, diesel and E85 pumps; plug-ins for hybrid vehicles; and a number of environmentally-friendly building features.

Earlier this year, members of the city's planning and zoning commission found themselves handcuffed by the city's zoning overlay ordinance that governs the U.S. Highway 20 corridor in southern Cedar Falls. The ordinance requires a main building at least 15,080 square feet in size.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/opinion/editorial/article_38f63078-7969-11df-b481-001cc4c002e0.html

Woohoo!!!  Yippie!!!  Hooray!!!  It's about d***ed time!!!  No more driving to Hudson or Parkersburg!

It's still across town, but I'll take it.  Seven miles beats 14, eh?

Now if they had one on 1st street, I'd have it made.  ;D

I'm surprised they made the zoning exception.  Someone must have made the appropriate payment to the appropriate individual(s).  ;)

Edit:  Now when are they going to have it done?  I want it yesterday.

How does the Kwik Star side of Kwik Trip price E85?

20-27% range

$2.04 $2.59 21% 05/31 Manchester Kwik Star, 1000 W Main Street liquidsunshine (2)

$2.04 $2.60 22% 05/31 Manchester Kwik Star, 1000 W Main Street EtOH_Farm (4)

$1.91 $2.62 27% 06/11 Charles City Kwik Star, 605 Gilbert St CornProne (206)

$1.99 $2.69 26% 05/30 Charles City Kwik Star, 605 Gilbert St CornProne

And I am really happy it is in that range or Rusty would be raising h everyday  :laugh: