Sign in to follow this  
TD

Fargo Cenex Petroserve has blender pumps!

Three of the four islands now have new blender pumps with the 4th island devoted to diesel.

Today's prices:

E0:  $2.89

E10: $2.79

E30: $2.49

E85: $1.99

They used to have E85 on just one island and often you'd have to wait for a gas fill-up before using the E85 pump. Still have to stand in puddles if it's raining tho. :confused:

E0 and E10..I like that ...no excuses for the ethanol is bad people

Some progressive minds up there. When I was calling around in 2003, trying to get people on the blender bandwagon, E0,E10,and E85 was what I was hoping for at the retailers. This coming from 2 underground tanks that most stations already had installed. Seemed like a no brainer back then----boy was I wrong. When I saw that blender down at Carthage MO dispensing 5 different octane rating of pure gas I really got excited thinking about the possibilities.

I talked briefly with the manager over the phone once, I think when they ran out of E85, but don't know her. I'd be interested in how the E30 is accepted. It's a nice discount, but how many people know they can run it in a non-FFV? :confused:

I tried to tell Mom she could run it in her late 90's Buick, but that went nowhere.

I have a family member that recently ran E50 in a 1990 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale.  The CEL did not come on, though the fuel economy dropped a few mpg's.  Hard to verify the % as I'm not the driver, getting it 2nd hand, etc.  Acceleration was reportedly much better and engine exhaust noise quieter.

Now it is filled with gasoline E10 and the fuel economy has increased beyond what it was recently getting on E10.  Perhaps the E50 cleaned something out, allowing it now to get the better fuel economy?

Now it is filled with gasoline E10 and the fuel economy has increased beyond what it was recently getting on E10.

And maybe the ethanol is getting blended with some better gasoline---could that be?

I have a family member that recently ran E50 in a 1990 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight Royale.

How much gas was in the tank when the E50 was added? Very possible the end result was much lower than 50%.

It was a self-blend of E10 and E85, and I trust well enough they knew the math.  If it was between 1/4 and 1/3 full and they added the E85, they likely got close to E50.

The good news is that it is from 1990, the engine didn't blow and the tires didn't fall off, and the car is actually better off now.  Some one tell the EPA and CA ARB.