Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

$.85 e85 at the Urbandale Iowa Kum & Go April 23rd

Just stumbled across this, thought I'd pass on word to those users on here from the Hawkeye/Cyclone state! ;)

Kum & Go – in conjunction with the Iowa Corn Promotion Board

will offer E-85 fuel for $.85/gallon at the following location:

Kum & Go #170 at 6990 Douglas Avenue in Urbandale, IA

Friday, April 23, from 11 am - 1 pm

Stop by to fill up your flex fuel vehicle and take advantage of all

the promotions going on at Kum & Go!

http://www.kumandgo.com/e85-promotions.cfm

seriously, talk to one of the managers, and find out the name contact info for the "Regional Manager" (person above them), and explain to them the demand.  Kum & Go as a company is very much a supporter of ethanol, and if they feel the market is there... trust me, they'll be selling it. ;)

seriously, talk to one of the managers, and find out the name contact info for the "Regional Manager" (person above them), and explain to them the demand.  Kum & Go as a company is very much a supporter of ethanol, and if they feel the market is there... trust me, they'll be selling it. ;)

Will do I have one 4 blocks from me.

around here... the stations that are on, or just next to freeways/highways (ie high traffic) are the ones that are being built e85.  The ones that are more "residential" are not.  Guess that makes sense...  I don't know that they've done any "retro-fits" of stations to sell e85.  Always seems to be new construction only...  could be a local coincidence.

around here... the stations that are on, or just next to freeways/highways (ie high traffic) are the ones that are being built e85.  The ones that are more "residential" are not.  Guess that makes sense...  I don't know that they've done any "retro-fits" of stations to sell e85.  Always seems to be new construction only...  could be a local coincidence.

The HWY locations are far more likely to get grant money. However- an affluent subdivision (lots of FFV's) can work well, especially if it is on any kind of main feeder route into a city and has good hwy visiblilty/access.

The HWY locations are far more likely to get grant money. However- an affluent subdivision (lots of FFV's) can work well, especially if it is on any kind of main feeder route into a city and has good hwy visiblilty/access.

I think thats why I am toast,  all these are old stations and not near a highway.    I can send them an email and ask away whats up with no E-85

it never hurts to ask...

I do know that around here, with the "older locations" if they prove successful, K&G likes to to a total renovation, tanks, pump, awning, building... to spruce it up and make it more attractive and to last longer with fewer "old infrastructure" issues...

If they are going to be doing this anyways, and they know that there is a demand... they may just work e85 into the design plans... find some grants to help...

worth a try!

it never hurts to ask...

I do know that around here, with the "older locations" if they prove successful, K&G likes to to a total renovation, tanks, pump, awning, building... to spruce it up and make it more attractive and to last longer with fewer "old infrastructure" issues...

If they are going to be doing this anyways, and they know that there is a demand... they may just work e85 into the design plans... find some grants to help...

worth a try!

Excellent point- These large C-store operators normally only put E85 into a station during a renovation. That tired old C-store operated by a chain may be slated for either closing OR upgrade. If it is on the upgrade list then it is time to let them know the market is asking for E85.