How do you use Ethanol?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use Ethanol?

• Flex Fuel Vehicle
    • after market conversion
    • splash blending into unmodified vehicle
    • e10 at the pump
    • don't use ethanol at all

Well, technically I guess I'm running E85 into an aftermarket conversion.  Though it's made up of individual components I've chosen, and running my custom tune directly through the OEM ECU with K Pro - not necessarily a specific add on or piggyback 'box'.  It could be a 'flex fuel' car, though I'm not really willing to turn down the turbo and give up power just to burn crappy 'premium' gas from the mid east!

I got a set of numbered drill bits and modified some carbs. Not exactly aftermarket. I have splashed it into the 98 Formula and it loves it. When my production rate gets higher the 98 will go ethanol only, oh and I make my own ethanol too. I dont seem to fit most of the categories... but dont add any for me, there arent many people like me out there yet.

I typically use it for splash blending with ice and citrus juices, or in non-distilled form with hops and barley...  ;)

Other than that, I use E85 in 2 cycle lawn mowers and weed wackers, in an FFV, and in a Ford Exploder with a rebuilt high compression engine (currently needing repairs, not ethanol related).

I use E85 in ALL my Lawn & Garden equipment. 

Also , my '04 Silverado has had a steady diet E85 it's entire life.

Other than that , I do an E30 blend in an '05 Jeep Liberty. 

Projects:  Hi-compression pistons for my '01 Saturn,  Twin Turbos for the '99 Saab.