Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

Chrysler Town & Country 3.3 FFV

Just purchased a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country 3.3 FFV (with only 20k on it) just before the first of the year.  We bought it with 1/2 a tank of super unleaded (E10) in it, and immediately topped it off with e-85.  ;D

Since then we have put on over 2,000 miles and have used NOTHING but e85.  This includes a trip from Omaha Nebraska to Janesville Wisconsin.  We love the fuel, and have been preaching about it to anyone that will listen, and even to a few who don't want to listen. ::)

rufus,

EPA estimates the mileage at 17-24 for gasoline, and 11-17 for e85.  I can't vouch for the gasoline numbers, as we only drove it for 10 miles on that before filling up with e85, and have never put a drop in since.

On e85, we've gotten as high as 15, and as low as 10.5. The 10.5 was loaded up pretty heavy, doing 70+ on the interstate, with a 30+mph headwind...  As soon as we got out of the wind, it shot up to over 14 on the next tank, with the same driving conditions...

Minivans are VERY prone to wind drag... :o

When you factor in all the warming up, idling and wasted time you run the engine in a colder then average winter weather cycle, not too bad.  My wife who was skeptical has become a very strong believer in e85.

as for spread, here in Omaha we are in the 15-19% spread range between e10 and e85/70.  Since I'm not quite for sure what the mileage would be on the gas, from my calculations I am covering the spread.  I've had to fuel up (when traveling) and have paid as high as a 8% spread, which was not cool.  20% (Kum & Go in Neola Iowa) was the best spread I've gotten.

I have a 2010 caravan 3.3 so its the same van. I got about 16-21 on gasoline. On E85 I get about 12-16 mph. The van has more power on e85. I will only use gasoline if I'm on a trip and can't find any e85.