Sign in to follow this  
SacramentoE-85

CA Smog Test Results

Sure, if it meant Mo - Monayee!  I'm surprised they don't mention "Shell gasoline can even clean up after dirty biofuels."

You mean Motiva for money-- translated "motivated by money" ::)

The O2 numbers confirm the experiment done by D. Blume on a jet engine and found the dirty L.A. air after going thru the alcohol powered turbine registered clean. So his view was alcohol also cleans the air drawn in for ignition. Later.

Posted my CA smog tests (removed most identifying information, scrambled others, added the /E85 because the technician says the software doesn't have an E85 option for fuel type--also don't know why in 2007 they put the engine as 4.8L because it is 5.3L):

smog07001b.jpg

width=386 height=500http://www.geocities.com/sacramentoe85/smog09001b.jpg[/img]

http://www.geocities.com/sacramentoe85/smogtests

Thanks for sharing your results, SacramentoE-85.

;D

I am enrolled in an Automotive Engine Performance course this semester and will have access to a 5-gas analyzer ("sniffer") and load-bearing dyno.  I plan to test my car with 91-octane gasoline, then with E85.  I'll share the results when I get them.

Until then, your results give me hope that I will see a similar reduction in GHG-emissions by using E85.

As a general rule, the complete combustion of gasoline (stoichiometric air/fuel ratio) in an internal combustion engine results in higher levels of CO2(versus a rich or lean air/fuel mixture), according to my textbook.  It is interesting that your CO2 numbers matched for gas and E85.  Gotta give credit to those GM engineers, apparently, because your Tahoe is achieving nearly perfect combustion with either fuel.

You are welcome CorvettE-85.  Thank you as well for doing this research and posting those results when you have them.  Yes, GM did an excellent job engineering this 2003 (built in 2002) FFV to achieve nearly perfect combustion.  I hope they will also work on increasing the fuel economy for FFV's fueled with E85, like the SAAB car they built that does as well on E85 as gasoline.