Sign in to follow this  
Dangling_Dave

E85 in Torrington WY

IIRC it was $2.71 per gallon.  I usually stop at that station but I was in a rush and had to blow by it.  I travel from Arvada Colorado, Cheyanne WY, Torrington WY and Scottsbluff NE a few times a month.  In the future I will do a more concise job of recording all the prices.  I know that there are E85 stations in all but Arvada.

When I was in Greeley Tuesday morning E85 was $1.99 per gallon but I did not get a chance to see the other prices.  But in Denver this morning regular unleaded is running about $2.93 gallon.

Accross from our sugar plant in Torrington is a brand new ethanol plant.  I wanted to stop in but was swamped with work this trip.

dc

E85 was running 2.55/gallon in Torrington Wyoming 7-18-06 at the TTA on the east end of town.

dc

thanks dave.. what was Unleaded going for ? whats the spread between the 2 fuels

IIRC it was $2.71 per gallon.  I usually stop at that station but I was in a rush and had to blow by it.  I travel from Arvada Colorado, Cheyanne WY, Torrington WY and Scottsbluff NE a few times a month.  In the future I will do a more concise job of recording all the prices.  I know that there are E85 stations in all but Arvada.

When I was in Greeley Tuesday morning E85 was $1.99 per gallon but I did not get a chance to see the other prices.  But in Denver this morning regular unleaded is running about $2.93 gallon.

Accross from our sugar plant in Torrington is a brand new ethanol plant.  I wanted to stop in but was swamped with work this trip.

dc

E85 was running 2.55/gallon in Torrington Wyoming 7-18-06 at the TTA on the east end of town.

dc

thanks dave.. what was Unleaded going for ? whats the spread between the 2 fuels

That $1.99 is fantastic ..  have you heard any reason as to why thsy are able to offer at that price ?  maybe from contracts they purchased last year or other reasons ?    the local sugar plant ?   the new Ethanol PLant?  You thik it looks like a promotional deal or looks like a typical price for those stations ?

Sorry to bombard you with a ton of questions ..but that has to be one of the best E85 deals in the Nation right now

Next time I run up to Greeley I will ask them but I usually see that 1.99 price when I drive by that station. 

I work as a traveling IT guy in the Sugar Beet industry.  Right now we have no plans to get involved with Ethanol as our sugar is promised to the consumer market.  This is really too bad but that is what it is...  Corn is still the main way to create Alcohol right now which will really cause the industry to be limited out here in the high land desert country.  Corn takes way too much water to be viable in CO/WY and western NE.  Beets would be the way to go as their water useage is not as high as corn.

Next time I am in Torrington I will stop by that new Ethanol plant and see what kind of information I can get from them.  My next scheduled trip is Aug. 1st.

dc

dc

dc

That $1.99 is fantastic ..  have you heard any reason as to why thsy are able to offer at that price ?  maybe from contracts they purchased last year or other reasons ?    the local sugar plant ?  the new Ethanol PLant?  You thik it looks lie a promotional deal or looks like a typicalprice for those stations ?

Sorry to bombard you with a ton of questions ..but that has to be one of the best E85 deals in the Nation right now