Sign in to follow this  
fleebut

Duke- Corn Ethanol bad

Oh I see Christian values bring wealth ..Naughty values bring pain and suffering

Kids should be home schooled and isolated from society so they cannot be influenced by the naughty values

good grief

Dan, you, have what I post wrong or miss-represented.

Basic personality traits i.e. honesty and other Christian principles a good parameter of wealth not of employment per an author. This did make news several years ago. Two different subjects, wealth vs unemployment.

I didn't follow the public school post, so will reiterate my thoughts. One important concept....schools nor teachers educate. Meaning teachers teach, it is up to a student to learn. A Teacher can not educate a student. A student must have a positive attitude, be concerned, motivated, and have a desire for the subject. Public ed set basically upon efficiencies of Teachers concerns and desires. Students valued not as customer, but usually a pain. The real customer is the Union and Union politics...that's what shows them the money.

So when kids drop out,  they are voting with their feet. Voting how poor Public Education is. Second, kids of Middle School get so indoctrinated upon History that its a sin to work children the horror upon History. They beat this concept into their little heads working is bad. No mention of children work good. Since your a Baptist you know the Bible concepts of hororing parants, and hard work...this concept attacked upon public ed and I believe one condition making parenting more difficult.

Another, no one talks of, modern educators trained to motivate kids i.e. you are wonderful and you can do anything. Well, some of this is good. Just they have learned to hype kids beyond reasonable expectations. Psycologist are learning a very destructive approach i.e. we all win we have no losers. The kids go about ungrounded and a complete downer to go home and clean their room.

We need children to be experienced upon business and entrepreneurial spirit. Experienced upon hard work and keeping a job. Experienced upon saving, investing, and preparing one self for a uncertain future.  

One huge benefits of Home Schooled kids. They are not fed prepared education like a baby fed pablum and acting up for attention for home schoolers, not as desirable. Public kids only see strict controls of their schedules, free easy money institutions and expenses as normal. Home schooled kids see the price or investment paid for education. They can work hard and have more free time as a result. Home schooled kids must do actual work, they don't get a pass, they get personal supervision. No easy fooling of parents, unlike Public Ed as most parents are clueless to children activities upon this institution until it's to late....damage done.

And what, exactly, would you have me do?  The reason we talk about it is that it is the only thing left to do.  If there's going to be a revolution, it needs to happen from within the military.  It cannot be civilian.  If a group of like-minded people were to band together, they'd be found out by the government, an excuse would be made, and they'd be killed.  End of story.

Edit:  And it's an internet forum!  Talking is what it's for...

I'm not trying to preach or anything, and I am trying very hard not to let this go religious/political. Just something I noticed.

While reading the last few posts in this thread, something came into view. There is no shortage of finger pointing, blaming this or that, claiming a lack of numerous things. There is however, a shortage of problem solving, forward thinking, and actual possible solutions to problems.

We can gripe about the government and oil companies all day, what good does it do if there is no action? What use is complaining unless there is a concerted effort towards fixing the problems?

This is part of what I alluded to earlier, people unwilling to actually "DO" and much more comfortable with pointing out problems. Simple solutions are often best for people who are not fabulously wealthy, we cant simply throw money at the problem until it goes away. That is a government thing to do, it simply doesn't work for them, and it wont work for us. Perhaps the reason why politicians think that way is due to them being able to use money to fix problems at the personal level, and they just forget that action does much more than spending or talking about it.

Of course the other thing most common is trying to fix a symptom rather than the cause, being a mechanic makes you think of fixing the cause rather than the symptom. If the oil is leaking and you have to continuously add more, do you just keep adding oil or do you fix the damn leak? If there is a knocking noise coming from the engine do you just turn up the radio, add some fixit stuff from Pep Boys and hope it goes away?

You can blame this on public schools, you can blame it on people and their unmotivated habits or a different religion, but really all it seems to be is a lack of leadership. A few people who think ahead, fix the problem rather than the symptom, and who are not concerned with who is to blame, just that the job needs to get done. Sure we have a president, we have a government, but what we don't have is an actual leader who is invested in us. We have no direction, no focus, and we need people to step up and lead the way. Perhaps the old adage "Lead, follow, or get out of the way" is applicable here.

Sure some of my NCO is coming out, but really maybe right now what we need is some good NCO's since the Officers are screwing the pooch so badly. The interesting thing about leaders is usually the best are those who have no burning desire to lead, while not unwilling to lead they are not clamoring for the chance, they simply do the job when the time comes.

This bickering is exactly what we are intended to do, spend more time thinking about survival and arguing minutiae about things that really have no bearing, rather than improving our lives and those of our children. This behavior keeps the wealthy in power and us subservient to the system. We need a big reset, a reboot on the order of 1776 and go back to the ideals that started that one.

Ok I see left Field as come into play .. :P

This thread is Now Closed due to lack of any  intelligent conversation

And what, exactly, would you have me do?  The reason we talk about it is that it is the only thing left to do.  If there's going to be a revolution, it needs to happen from within the military.  It cannot be civilian.  If a group of like-minded people were to band together, they'd be found out by the government, an excuse would be made, and they'd be killed.  End of story.

Edit:  And it's an internet forum!  Talking is what it's for...

I'm not trying to preach or anything, and I am trying very hard not to let this go religious/political. Just something I noticed.

While reading the last few posts in this thread, something came into view. There is no shortage of finger pointing, blaming this or that, claiming a lack of numerous things. There is however, a shortage of problem solving, forward thinking, and actual possible solutions to problems.

We can gripe about the government and oil companies all day, what good does it do if there is no action? What use is complaining unless there is a concerted effort towards fixing the problems?

This is part of what I alluded to earlier, people unwilling to actually "DO" and much more comfortable with pointing out problems. Simple solutions are often best for people who are not fabulously wealthy, we cant simply throw money at the problem until it goes away. That is a government thing to do, it simply doesn't work for them, and it wont work for us. Perhaps the reason why politicians think that way is due to them being able to use money to fix problems at the personal level, and they just forget that action does much more than spending or talking about it.

Of course the other thing most common is trying to fix a symptom rather than the cause, being a mechanic makes you think of fixing the cause rather than the symptom. If the oil is leaking and you have to continuously add more, do you just keep adding oil or do you fix the damn leak? If there is a knocking noise coming from the engine do you just turn up the radio, add some fixit stuff from Pep Boys and hope it goes away?

You can blame this on public schools, you can blame it on people and their unmotivated habits or a different religion, but really all it seems to be is a lack of leadership. A few people who think ahead, fix the problem rather than the symptom, and who are not concerned with who is to blame, just that the job needs to get done. Sure we have a president, we have a government, but what we don't have is an actual leader who is invested in us. We have no direction, no focus, and we need people to step up and lead the way. Perhaps the old adage "Lead, follow, or get out of the way" is applicable here.

Sure some of my NCO is coming out, but really maybe right now what we need is some good NCO's since the Officers are screwing the pooch so badly. The interesting thing about leaders is usually the best are those who have no burning desire to lead, while not unwilling to lead they are not clamoring for the chance, they simply do the job when the time comes.

This bickering is exactly what we are intended to do, spend more time thinking about survival and arguing minutiae about things that really have no bearing, rather than improving our lives and those of our children. This behavior keeps the wealthy in power and us subservient to the system. We need a big reset, a reboot on the order of 1776 and go back to the ideals that started that one.