Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Bought an OLD Pickup ..1986

Update.. got the idle and shifting straightened out..not sure exactly what is was for certain. I wrapped all the vacuum lines, cleaned out all filters, sprayed/lubricated idle plunger and a few other connectors..and made Idle screw adjustment..

running great now..cold fast idle kicks down after 15-20 seconds or so depending on weather .. much better

Ran E50 this week..not one issue .. not so much as a burp

Thats good to hear cessna ..  I think the main concern for me on a truck this old is material compatibility..

Ran E50 this week..not one issue .. not so much as a burp

I've had 50/50 in my 1992 Toyota 4x4 with 22RE for almost 8 yrs. and it still seems to run fine.

Guest colchiro

I've had 50/50 in my 1992 Toyota 4x4 with 22RE for almost 8 yrs. and it still seems to run fine.

Well, you're half-way home. We'll have to work on your goal-management skills. :P

Dan, it shouldn't have many problems with material compatibility, the OEMs started producing fuel system parts that are ethanol compatible in 1983 or thereabouts.  For what its worth there is only one part on my 70 Pontiac that didnt like ethanol, the accel pump diaphragm wasnt terribly fond, but the new one works fine.