Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Bought an OLD Pickup ..1986

1986 Nissan Hardbody 3.0 6cyl ..7ft bed..really clean no rust. Was Washington State truck

Fuel Injected .. I'll run it a few weeks first before I start experimenting with ethanol blends

Guess the engines last forever..hope so it has a 170,000  :D  ... checking around people are getting well over 200k ...one guy has 280K

Couldnt pass it up because it was so clean.. for you folks that live in States where they don't put salt on the road.probably not a big deal to you. Here in Minnesota 1986 means you can see the ground through the bed ..the door panels are all rusted/rotted out

Just nice to pick up a really clean old truck really cheap

I have an Older FlexTex conversion kit in the Garage that just might work..have to check the injector plugs in the morning

old? Ok well considering...  I have a pic or two of an 84 F150 that you can change the rear Ujoint while sitting in the bed, it was a $300 ruck and only thr front brakes worked when I got it. the rear lines had rusted through, and the cab is falling off the frame now, I have a 74 F150 with almost no rust, but its 2wd and in Nebraska. it also needs the 390 rebuilt and a host of other things fixed.

Nice find, they are nice little trucks, cant wait to see how well it does on the alky.

Oh boy, you're in for a barrel full of fun with this one!  You'll get to discover the wonders of fuel injection that's not as accomodating as what you've converted before.  :D

Edit: 390?  I have some experience with those.  Ask if you have questions.

Oh poop  :P .. so whats the issue ?

Oh boy, you're in for a barrel full of fun with this one!  You'll get to discover the wonders of fuel injection that's not as accomodating as what you've converted before.  :D

Edit: 390?  I have some experience with those.  Ask if you have questions.

Guest colchiro

Dan, you should be able to change the connectors out with ends from here.

I suspect you have the EV6 or EV1 connectors (which are for Fords) and need a Nippon Denso. Should be easy to cut off the old connector and solder on the new one (after determining the proper polarity). They are both 6 cyl., right?

Ok... If I must tell you...  :D

You'll probably have problems initially blending the fuel.  Probably about E40 is when you'll notice a decrease in WOT power, otherwise fine.

About E50 or 60 you'll start having cold start problems, which you'll probably still have after conversion.  You should be able to get it to go eventually, but it will be a pain.

That is, if it's anything like my Exploder.

But that's just my prediction.  Jump in!  Convert!  Let us know!

Dan I remember rust buckets but it was so long ago lol.   I remember my brother in law was in auto body repair.   He would take rags, stuff them in the doors and then bondo over the crazy things.   They looked good but after about a year rust would come thru.   Glad you could do so well with finding one.