Sign in to follow this  
BURNALCOHOL

FULLFLEX GOLD

http://www.fullflexint.com/

Looks like there is a new kid on the block as some of you may of already known about.

This is a Flextek style converter only it is automatic.  No switching is done to run E85.  It reads the pulse width and after it gets to a certain percentage it increases the pulse automatically.  I don't know too much more about it yet but here's the web page anyway.

I like that no need to switch between fuels ...

So that makes 3 Companies now making similar product

FullFlex

Flextune

flextek

But I do wonder about the disclaimer at the bottom of the page..

http://www.fullflex.com.br/fullflex/ingles/dodge.asp

"We do not recommend the installation in the Dodge/Chrysler line,

because the injection light remains switched on."

FullFlex is not new, they have been in Brazil for years and now they sell here. I installed one on my 2.2L Cavalier and it runs great. Easy to do. They have great tech support, 10+ ...  ;)

Has anybody considered the risk of the EPA coming down on this ?  I met with an attorney Thursday evening to discuss this as well as other Ethanol related business.  The question I asked was "How can the EPA attack someone for tampering if the tampering results in favorable emissions compared to EPA Standards?".  His answer, you know our government. 

That being said.  The EPA has updated its bulletins to call out Ethanol and BioDiesel.  These are simple questions and I would really like to hear other's thoughts on this.

Has anybody considered the risk of the EPA coming down on this ?  I met with an attorney Thursday evening to discuss this as well as other Ethanol related business.  The question I asked was "How can the EPA attack someone for tampering if the tampering results in favorable emissions compared to EPA Standards?".  His answer, you know our government. 

That being said.  The EPA has updated its bulletins to call out Ethanol and BioDiesel.  These are simple questions and I would really like to hear other's thoughts on this.

Tom did you know Flextek is actually working for EPA approval ?

http://flextek.com/faq.htm#Q10

Even though we believe use of our product does not violate the Anti-tampering law, we are proceeding with EPA approved testing to demonstrate the effectiveness of our conversion system.

The University of Minnesota is actually testing Flextek at the urging of Governor Pawlenty 

I suppose even if FlexTek gets approval Full Flex would also need to go throughthe process. This being th eFederal Government were talking about I would expect any approval for at least 1 year or 2

My paranoia suggests the fact that our government has been hijacked by Big Business and in this case Big Oil.  Spin is so powerful.  It seems to me all it would take is a mighty spin game about how horrible these conversion devices are and a whole lot of pressure from Big Oil.   Then we know what happens next. 

It's kinda like the spin about how the tax cuts only benefit the rich (I am middle class and I have received nice benefits) and we are going to run out of Social Security real soon (If the government would put back what they stole and quit steeling from it does the risk really exist with more people in the work force than 10, 20, 30 years ago, the government consistently raising contribution limits, etc ?  Running out is illogical).

For now, E85 is not a threat.  It is not likely to be a threat because of the supply of corn.  Shell has apparently purchased the patent rights on the enzyme, developed by Purdue, to break down cellulose efficienctly so Big Oil still has near complete control.  Alternative fuels; however, are not a fad this time around.  I am just concerned about how far Big Oil will go to maintain their profits.   

My paranoia suggests the fact that our government has been hijacked by Big Business and in this case Big Oil.  Spin is so powerful.  It seems to me all it would take is a mighty spin game about how horrible these conversion devices are and a whole lot of pressure from Big Oil.   Then we know what happens next. 

Oh yeah I know what you mean..thats also why Im looking at going ahead and setting up the still now instead of waiting until we move outside the city , I'm just "expecting" a move by Oil to lobby to get these banned ..  paranoia ?

Thinking of course is once you're set up making fuel you'll be granddfathered in any new law