Sign in to follow this  
mpall85

New Sacramento E85 station.

Wow they are doing a great job...

Thanks mpall I'll get them listed

There is now a new station pumping E85 in the Sacramento area:

9190 E Stockton Blvd

Elk Grove, California 95624

These Propel Fuels guys are a juggernaut!

We'll have to remedy that situation, Dan!  I'll get Propel Fuels on

the phone and tell them to hurry up and finish the two other stations!

Sacramento85 can pressure Pearson to finish their projects!

I hope that the Pearson pump just down the street from home can open soon, but that will take some time.  The station owner is going to do a complete tear-down, and set up a new convenience store with a restaurant.  Also, an LCD sign on the highway exit touting the biofuels for sale.  It will be quite impressive when completed, but it's not expected to open until May.  However, this is California, and things often take longer.  I will be happy when it is available, but that could easilly be October.

Up to 30 E85 stations reportedly may open this year here in Sac.  Can't have one open every day, but perhaps each month.  :D

Due to the smog issue in California and large cities elsewhere, I think that the Chevy Volt concept (40 miles on electricity, then a small turbo-charged engine powered by E85) would cut smog very substantially.  That is, once these vehicles significantly replace the current fleet.  I look forward to finding out how our first smog test on E85 turns out.

I have to agree with SacramentoE85, the Chevy Volt could do wonders to

improve California air quality and help to decrease dependence on foreign

oil.  The problem is that GM has only 10,000 Volts planned for production

in 2010.  I believe that they 50,000 units planned for 2011.  Why didn't

Congress stipulate that GM would have to produce at least double that

production rate if they were granted the bail out?

It may be that GM doesn't expect the Volt to be profitable, but more for PR until production costs come down substantially.  Congress wouldn't have wanted to saddle GM with more losses.  Has anyone heard the expected MSRP for the Volt--I've heard $80,000.  At that price they would probably sell 10,000 units, but that's about all I could expect in that price range.

They need to get production costs down, and also have less environmental impact in the mining for minerals and production process.  It's kind of like ethanol--you have to start somewhere and build efficiencies and less environmental footprint, and after some years it begins to take off.