Sign in to follow this  
misba

iPod and Bluetooth Taking Over New Cars

Driving while on the Phone in the 1970's really sucked  though..

2007_11_16_car_phone2.jpg

Haw-Haw,

I did not know that picture of me made it to the internet. I believe I am sitting in my '66 Galaxy 500 with a three speed auto trans and a 289 for power. I could bark the tires on this if I floored it taking off with the steering wheel cranked-- but then I would drop my laptop phone :D

Just noticed this. Im with hotrod, driving is serious business, no need for all the extra crap distracting people.

As for cooking with the exhaust, well I did that during the first Gulf War. I would be on the flightline for 12-14 hours each night, too many planes to work to get a lunch break, so we would take MRE's off the planes. Back then they didn't have heaters like they do now, so we would put them on the intake of our truck, it was an F350 with a 300 six in it and the MRE would ride nicely between the carb and the head. Even in Germany with freezing temperatures, that would work to heat the MRE. Then we just had to find time to eat the thing while a plane parked. The desert was easy, put it in the sunlight for an hour then try to pick it up bare handed.

Again, Thumpin is the warrior of warriors.  Thank you for your service to the U.S.A.--I hope that it remains the country that you fought for.  Looks like China, our mortgage-holder, may come collecting all too soon.  Maybe not?

:rstar: :star: :bstar:

Hardly a warrior of warriors, I loaded and unloaded people and equipment/supplies so they could go kill stuff. Not a glamorous job, but a very necessary one. Running the air port we land at has its advantages when we deploy, or when we change bases to go overseas, but other than that, its just another job (even if it is more physically demanding than 90% of USAF jobs)

When the topic of our national debt and things of that nature crop up, the Ron Paul in me comes out. To me the way people ignore or deny what is going on with our country is exactly the same as the way they ignore or deny the use of ethanol. The first thing we need to do is tell the Fed to get bent, and that we wont pay them any more interest on the money they make for us, and start making our own. Yes I am very aware of what that would entail and mean to the average US citizen. In the end it would be better for all of us.

I don't know if China would want to take any sort of military action, they know as well as we do it would go nuclear far too easily. Nuke exchanges are the death of us all, and I am pretty sure they are aware of that. They want to become like us with the same sort of consumer based economy, keep consuming more and more forever. The problem is, that cant go on forever. They can challenge us economically much more effectively than militarily, and that is pretty much what they are doing. I'm trying to stay brief, so this doesn't become an epic post.

My view is the middle has us by the B_lls for energy and after Cheney made the deal for the stimulus money with China has anyone noticed that everything is coming from China no matter how poisonous or shoddy it is. Even canned mushrooms are from China and our good stuff is now sold to the rest of the world who will  or does not have to buy from China. OOppps except for our autos so we will remain oillllllll consumers.  :mad: Later.

The almighty profit is what decides where things come from, China has people who work for half ration of food, ok a bit more than that but still. Nobody is concerned with quality anymore, they just want to sell the cheapest the quickest. China enables that, and they don't mind taking our money for cheaply built crap.

I don't get the idea of buying imported over what we make here. In the ethanol thread on the Pontiac forum I wrote a book for, one of the detractors said "domestic ethanol has created giant tariffs on foreign produced ethanol to make it less attractive" as if it is a bad thing to use what you make. Why on earth would we want to import EVERYTHING that we produce? That wont let the average joe get ahead, it will only keep him down while making people who import stuff wealthy. He gets a crappy price for what he produces, and has to buy something from another country to survive? Sorry I don't buy into the entire global economy thing when it is applied like that. Sure we can trade with them, but do we need to constantly exchange stuff we make here so it has to travel 10,000 miles before we use it?

The only reason that happens is people are making money off doing it that way, and it isn't the guy who is actually doing the work to produce it.

When the topic of our national debt and things of that nature crop up, the Ron Paul in me comes out. To me the way people ignore or deny what is going on with our country is exactly the same as the way they ignore or deny the use of ethanol. The first thing we need to do is tell the Fed to get bent, and that we wont pay them any more interest on the money they make for us, and start making our own. Yes I am very aware of what that would entail and mean to the average US citizen. In the end it would be better for all of us.

Once again you read my mind.  Quote for truth.    8)