Sign in to follow this  
TurboGSR96

Gas price 1.80 E85 price 2.70???? wtf

Something shold be done about the gougers at the only station in DE, it has been at $2.70 now even after gasoline has fallen over $2 a gallon, this is the same price E85 was last year too, guess my station wants to make a set amount of money on it and they are just set out to screw its customers.

Turbo check out the chart right side.. http://e85prices.com/delaware.html

looks like they are still burning off expensive ethanol from this summer..when Corn was almost $8 a gallon and ethanol was almost $3 a gallon.. They were able to keep E85 less expensive than Unleaded when  Oil/Gasoline was high..when the bottom literally feel out of Oil / it's been much more difficult for ethanol to compete....especially for Stations and Ethanol Plant locked into expensive contracts

It is very possible they really are on th same tank of fuel as they arent selling any E85 when it's priced higher than Gasoline ..

I know it sucks ..but the good news is Corn has dropped from nearly $8 a BU to around $3.50 a BU and Ethanol has dropped to $1.64.. http://cbot.com

once the expensive corn/ethanol is gone prices will come down even in DE

It's frustrating I know

Something shold be done about the gougers at the only station in DE, it has been at $2.70 now even after gasoline has fallen over $2 a gallon, this is the same price E85 was last year too, guess my station wants to make a set amount of money on it and they are just set out to screw its customers.

If he is trying to sell E85 at $2.40 then yeah it will sit in the tank

I have a Station 3 blocks from me that is sitting at $2.29 a gallon and another station about 8 blocks away selling for $1.32..I can guarentee no one is paying the $2.29 even if the $1.32 Station wasnt around. The Station that is selling for $2.29 also claims he cant sell for less or he isnt making anything on it ..Fine he can be as stubborn as he wants but he wont sell any E85

Whether they are stuck in some contract at a set price or whatever ..makes no difference to the consumer.

the tank is not that large, I can pretty much guarantee you that is not the same tank from the summer. I talked to the owner before and he said a tank does not even last a week normally, so 2 months is   ???