Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

E85 Out and Gas Shortages in Atlanta

Imagine that--running out of E85 because there isn't enough gasoline around to blend into the ethanol!  Be assured, there's plenty of supply of ethanol, but by law there has to be 15% or more gasoline in the E85.  What a conundrum...

Sheesh,

SacramentoE85

:rstar: :star: :bstar:

Thanks James, I don't believed that the refineries and pipeline should still be offline. In the military there would be back up generators and back up for the backups. I believe this is another case of let's drag our feet and the masses will be grateful when we decide to start producing. I also believe that we are still operating off of the let's drag our feet left over from Katrina, when this administration had people watching horses instead of getting help to the people of La. and New Orleans specifically. Just my thoughts. Later.

2 are waiting for clean and consistent power, there have been some intermittent issues as is usual when bringing a lot of the surrounding power customers back online.  3 are waiting for water.  The remaining 19 are online.

They were still trying to go back online for many of the facilities from the Gustav week when they were evacuated for Ike.  There is a lot of fuel going out, about 75% of normal.  There is also a 2 week backlog to fill and also the problem of panic buying has crippled Atlanta, Charlotte and Nashville.

The DOE reports are about a week out of date.

These are 30 to 50 year old facilities.  They have not been allowed to be updated due to legislative and court pressures.  When they bring some of these back on line they do so from a bunker.

The gas portions for E85 fuel are probably pretty low on the priority list right now.  They're probably doing their utmost for the big contract customers so they don't have to pay any penalties.

Thanks James, I don't believed that the refineries and pipeline should still be offline. In the military there would be back up generators and back up for the backups. I believe this is another case of let's drag our feet and the masses will be grateful when we decide to start producing. I also believe that we are still operating off of the let's drag our feet left over from Katrina, when this administration had people watching horses instead of getting help to the people of La. and New Orleans specifically. Just my thoughts. Later.

Most of the time when a news story from Reuter's and AP quotes from "....a source"  its a loosely made up steaming pile of @#%@.  Another favorite trick of Reuter's is to sit on a story for a week and then release the original impact to stretch the bad news to extend the buying or pay per click cycle.

I always check the trade press of the oil customers for more up to date info. The oil companies themselves are very tight lipped and typically won't even talk to Reuter's or AP.  I worked for a major computer firm for 15 years here in Texas and learned to read or not read about the oil companies in order to sell to and support their needs.

Here's a quote from the convenience store trade news from this morning.  per Convenience Store News:  September 29th, 2008

"As operators struggle to survive, major oil companies, which collectively own only 5 percent of convenience stores, are working around the clock to get up to speed. In a statement, Exxon Mobil Corp. said its 348,500 barrel per day (bpd) Beaumont, Texas, refinery initiated its restart plan following Hurricane Ike on Thursday with some units scheduled to begin this week."

Atlanta is pretty badly hit by panic buying and topping off,  North Carolina is in the worst shape right now for shortages.