Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

E85 Out and Gas Shortages in Atlanta

Guest colchiro

Just gota Price and cooment for Atlanta ..

Say Dan, I know you don't use FireFox much, but I really like it's built-in spell check. :P

Hey Rick..so does Google Chrome  :P

I am the worst at spell checking..The forum has a spell checker as well as my browser

Just gota Price and cooment for Atlanta ..

Say Dan, I know you don't use FireFox much, but I really like it's built-in spell check. :P

Hey Dan, thanks for sharing my comment. Just bought a new Ford F-150. Dealer NEVER MENTIONED it was an FFV. To my surprise first time I went to fill up, there's a yellow gas cap! Now we have severe gas shortages in Atlanta and I'm cruising on E85!

Easily 80% of stations I went by on my way home, which is from one side of ATL to the other, are COMPLETELY out of gas. Some have premium at 4.49 to 4.79. Long lines at those stations with gas. Curious to see how the price/economy ratio stacks up one gas supply/damand rebalances.....

Totally new to this, but love the website. There are 4 E85 stations within 2 to 5 miles of my daily commute route and one other on an alternate route, so the site is going to be a huge help.

I got 15.8 MPG on first tank of gas and only 11.8 on the E85.

As a bonus, I went to get my truck tag and discovered I can get an AFV license plate and use the HOV lanes in this horrible Atlanta traffic if I agree to burn E85 at least 85% of the time.

Looking forward to contributing to the site. Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome aboard and Congrats on the New Truck and on Discovering E85 ! 

That had to be a great surprise to realize you had an option as the shortages started .How long before they expect everything to get back to normal?    We've had a number of other prices submitted at E85Prices.com this past week mentioning shortages ..I highlighted yours this evening because it is going on 2 weeks after the hurricane..just seems unreal they haven't gotten back on track yet ..

Hey Dan, thanks for sharing my comment. Just bought a new Ford F-150. Dealer NEVER MENTIONED it was an FFV. To my surprise first time I went to fill up, there's a yellow gas cap! Now we have severe gas shortages in Atlanta and I'm cruising on E85!

Easily 80% of stations I went by on my way home, which is from one side of ATL to the other, are COMPLETELY out of gas. Some have premium at 4.49 to 4.79. Long lines at those stations with gas. Curious to see how the price/economy ratio stacks up one gas supply/damand rebalances.....

Totally new to this, but love the website. There are 4 E85 stations within 2 to 5 miles of my daily commute route and one other on an alternate route, so the site is going to be a huge help.

I got 15.8 MPG on first tank of gas and only 11.8 on the E85.

As a bonus, I went to get my truck tag and discovered I can get an AFV license plate and use the HOV lanes in this horrible Atlanta traffic if I agree to burn E85 at least 85% of the time.

Looking forward to contributing to the site. Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome Kingranch- now lets hope the E85 retailers can keep supply and not get greedy. I can assure you there is no shortage of ethanol- in fact it goes long because there is no NL gas to make E10 with. The challenge for E85 suppliers may be pulling enough gas away from oil companies to make a product that competes with them. Now is the time for people to see the value of alternative fuels-just as you have done. E85 is $2.699 here- what are you having to pay?

More on the Shortages and E85 Availability..

As of Wednesday afternoon, just one gas station on Fort Benning had fuel.

According to the post's public affairs office, the one station with gas, located on Dixie Road on main post, carries E85 and diesel fuel.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/story/450094.html

Today Safa BP on Hwy 20 in Lawrenceville, GA out of E85.

Asked attendant when he expected some in and he said 'hopefully some time next week'.

I asked if E85 was in short supply too and he said yes, but he looked like a young kid just working there.

Gasoline shortages still VERY, VERY severe in Atlanta area. 90% of stations out of gas. Safa happened to have some 87 oct. at $3.97 so I filled up as lines were only two cars deep. Other stations with gas have lines spilling out onto roads.

The large convenience store chains (QT, Race Trac) also have outages but clearly get more frequently than independant stations.

E85 seems to be tightening up too...