• E30
    • E40
    • E50
    • E60
    • E70
    • E85
    • E100

Raise your hand .at what blend is ethanol an alternative fuel

If you are having trouble with the quuestion ,just ask yourself at what blend do you feel or would feel like you are driving on a alternative fuel

All of the above, building out the production capacity is more important than all other considerations. Once you can brew large quantities of it, the ethanol will find a market.

Larry

All of the above, building out the production capacity is more important than all other considerations. Once you can brew large quantities of it, the ethanol will find a market.

Larry

Oh it's found a market alright..as an additive...have I mentioned that before Larry ?  :D

In my opinion, an "alternative fuel" is one that any member of the general public can purchase at a retail vendor, with no special consideration or accommodation necessary.

Therefore, the only options for ethanol AT THIS TIME are blends with 10% and 85% ethanol. Just about every source of regular gasoline is selling "E10", and a very few gas stations are selling "E85" [at least in Allegheny County, which is my home area]. There are NO stations selling "E20", "E30", etc., although an individual [with too much spare time on their hands] could conceivably partially fill their tank with one fuel, and complete the fill with E85, to generate any mix between E10 and E85. Total waste of time, IMHO, and prone to computational errors.

Part of me says E50, but another part says E100.  We shouldn't have to mess our good ethanol up with carcinogenic, dirty burning, terrorist funding, corporate friendly gasoline.

I voted E50, but upon farther thought on it I wish I voted E100.

Part of me says E50, but another part says E100.  We shouldn't have to mess our good ethanol up with carcinogenic, dirty burning, terrorist funding, corporate friendly gasoline.

I voted E50, but upon farther thought on it I wish I voted E100.

Once again you took the vote and and opinion right out of my head. Great minds think alike. Later.

I hope E85 finds a much wider market fast. I just switched our 2000 Z28 over to E85 &Wow what a difference in HP. I need to get some new injectors before finishing the dyno run. I have 60 pound in now & want to move to 90's. I got 585 Hp on a Mustang dyno at 5800 rpm with 495 Torque before running out of injectors. The D1 blower likes the new fuel a lot. :)

Larry

Oh it's found a market alright..as an additive...have I mentioned that before Larry ?  :D