gwade

E85 in West Tennessee, specifically Memphis??

Does anyone have news on when we can expect E85 to be available in Memphis or elsewhere in West Tennessee?  It's the only grand division of the state without it.  Thanks. 

Does anyone have news on when we can expect E85 to be available in Memphis or elsewhere in West Tennessee?  It's the only grand division of the state without it.  Thanks. 

gwade it will be coming..just a matter of time.. Your best bet is when Ethnaol Plants start up in your area and looks like you Tennesse may have  a Cellulosic Plant coming ..

"Mascoma is developing cellulosic ethanol facilities in Tennessee, New York, and Michigan. Diverse regional production of ethanol will help further reduce the price of ethanol while also providing ethanol fuels to new markets, said Colin.

General Motors (GM) is backing Mascoma?s cellulosic ethanol research. The automobile manufacturer recently announced an ?undisclosed equity investment? to complement an earlier investment in the cellulosic ethanol start-up, according to Mascoma."

Havve you heard anythig locally about

http://www.mascoma.com/  ?

Looks like getting past the initial funding stages and ready to to start setting up Planst ..excellent Partners with Khosla Ventures annd GM

You'll have E85 before the Celluloseic Ethanol Plant ever gets going but longer term this is what your area will need to have decent pricing ..Plants close by without having to have Ethanol trucked in

welcome aboard !

gwade it will be coming..just a matter of time.. Your best bet is when Ethnaol Plants start up in your area and looks like you Tennesse may have  a Cellulosic Plant coming ..

"Mascoma is developing cellulosic ethanol facilities in Tennessee, New York, and Michigan. Diverse regional production of ethanol will help further reduce the price of ethanol while also providing ethanol fuels to new markets, said Colin.

General Motors (GM) is backing Mascoma?s cellulosic ethanol research. The automobile manufacturer recently announced an ?undisclosed equity investment? to complement an earlier investment in the cellulosic ethanol start-up, according to Mascoma."

Havve you heard anythig locally about

http://www.mascoma.com/   ?

Looks like getting past the initial funding stages and ready to to start setting up Planst ..excellent Partners with Khosla Ventures annd GM

You'll have E85 before the Celluloseic Ethanol Plant ever gets going but longer term this is what your area will need to have decent pricing ..Plants close by without having to have Ethanol trucked in

welcome aboard !

Thanks Dan.  The Mascoma and Dupont plants appear to be planned for East Tennessee.  I know of a plant under construction in Obion County in NW Tennessee which, I guess, would be our initial suppler.  But, I don't believe it will come on line until next year.  I wonder where the plants are that provide e85 for middle and east TN....

Mascoma announced in the last day or so they are not going to build in Tennesee after the University reduced the level of support to the point the plant would be as small as the pilot plant Muscoma already has (or so I read today- I hope this is not true).

Most likely Memphis E85 might first be Missouri corn based if anyone is thinking. In large cities E85 takes of very rapidly in sales if it is priced right and publicized properly.

I wonder where the plants are that provide e85 for middle and east TN....

Louden perhaps?? That plant has been in operation a number of years but I do not know their level of support for E85 vs E10- i just do not know those folks.

I was looking around on the maps from the NREL folks today, and I was looking at the neat layer they have which shows a density estimation by county of FFVs. I noticed Memphis is in the highest category of flex fuel vehicles, and yet... not one E85 station.

By the way, you can find the same map I've been looking at here.

It's not actually in Memphis, but in the nearby city of Southaven to the south. And what do ya know, it's a Mapco!

Mapco

1280 Church Road West

Southaven, MS

662-280-1237

Latitude: 34.934238891490

Longitude: -90.012853145599

Just goes to show, it can't hurt to do some searching on the Google machine!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65029

post-2293-0-96839500-1410388582_thumb.jpg