Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Colorado gets new Station and I went on a Rant

Dan,

This is Boulder, Colorado we're talking about, right?? These are folks who tend to

be abit earthy , until you watch them drive off down the road in their BMW, Benz's,

etc. 

I don't want to apologize for their lack of intellect here, but I think it is something like

a solution that "was not created here" and so they tend to turn their nose up at it...

This is one of the first communities in the state to introduce recycling , even tho it

doesn't work out financially, and yet they're spouting off about all of the money going

to support ethanol. I've kinda given up trying to reason with them or understand them,

as it seems to take alot of energy going over the same points.

I'd like to put together a pamphlet of some sort containing the talking points and complete

with up to minute data for folks to review. Something that discusses energy balances and

economics of the various feedstocks , all the way to what is needed to optimize the current

IC engine to burn E85.  It would be great to start distributing these at E85 fuel distributors

and maybe some skeptics could be provoked into doing their own research instead of what they

hear from the media or the local talk-show host....

Pretty amazing the hatred and complete nonsense posted by most of those posters ..and yes it's mostly rehash of nonsense they heard from the media outlets

Dan,

This is Boulder, Colorado we're talking about, right?? These are folks who tend to

be abit earthy , until you watch them drive off down the road in their BMW, Benz's,

etc. 

I don't want to apologize for their lack of intellect here, but I think it is something like

a solution that "was not created here" and so they tend to turn their nose up at it...

This is one of the first communities in the state to introduce recycling , even tho it

doesn't work out financially, and yet they're spouting off about all of the money going

to support ethanol. I've kinda given up trying to reason with them or understand them,

as it seems to take alot of energy going over the same points.

I'd like to put together a pamphlet of some sort containing the talking points and complete

with up to minute data for folks to review. Something that discusses energy balances and

economics of the various feedstocks , all the way to what is needed to optimize the current

IC engine to burn E85.  It would be great to start distributing these at E85 fuel distributors

and maybe some skeptics could be provoked into doing their own research instead of what they

hear from the media or the local talk-show host....

Dan, you sound shocked about people arguing and disagreeing on the internet ;). Try having them steal, mess up, and then discredit your hard work because "they couldn't do it." LOL.

The Boulder area is locally called the "peoples republic of Boulder" for a reason. They are often in their own little ultra green ultra left universe. They intentionally limited parking development years ago to "not encourage cars", and then bitch because the people that have to use cars to work their don't like the bicycle riders running 3-4 abreast on the street. It has a very large "if you don't agree with me you are a moron and a capitalist pig mentality, that would mesh well with some areas of California.

Larry

I'm sure most folks(the quiet going about their lives majority)  in Boulder as any other City are capable of making intelligent decisions despite the noise from the vocal minority that think they always know best  . The Boulder Station will do fantastic business despite the vocal minorities whinning

The Boulder area is locally called the "peoples republic of Boulder" for a reason. They are often in their own little ultra green ultra left universe. They intentionally limited parking development years ago to "not encourage cars", and then bitch because the people that have to use cars to work their don't like the bicycle riders running 3-4 abreast on the street. It has a very large "if you don't agree with me you are a moron and a capitalist pig mentality, that would mesh well with some areas of California.

Larry