Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

t's more environmentally friendly; it helps the economy of the farmer. It also d

"it's more environmentally friendly; it helps the economy of the farmer. It also does not pollute as much as the regular fuel," says Brainard."

Thats the line that they are being FEED and told to repeat BY ?

....That way they can can push this nonsense

It will be roughly 30 to 40 cents a gallon cheaper than what the unlead is and probably around 30 cents a gallon cheaper than super unleaded," says Brainard.

How the hell do you expect to get converts at 30-40 cents a gallon (8-10% spread) when the vehicles lose 15-25% ?   The entire ISSUE with Gasoline is it is expensive and people are looking for less expensive alternatives

I tell you it's 4:30 AM and I want to slap these people upside the head

http://www.kmeg14.com/Global/story.asp?S=8549991&nav=menu609_2_3

Dan, I'm perplexed by your rant.  What was "wrong" with what he said?

30-40 cents ..8%-10% less on price when you lose 15-25 % on Mpg

30-40 cents dosent cut it and Industry "people/plants" are pushing owners to "say"  yes we want to sell E85 to help the envoroment and all that other crap so they dont have to compete on Price ..

See what I am saying ..

The Ethanol Industry continues to shoot itself in the foot because the ONY reason 99.9% most people will try E85 is because of price ..they are fed up with the Oil Industry because of gasoline price and they get introduced to E85 with .. It will cost you more but hey it's great for the enviroment ?

It's total BS ..

Gotcha

Look at it this way:  Once they've installed the pumps thinking they can screw the public and get rich they'll find out, eventually, that they have to get to work and compete with price.  :)

You know, this price thing is kinda mysterious.. 

When the new Kum & Go stations came on line in Greeley and

Wellington , CO.  the folks at the station told me they weren't

sure where their pricing would be ( it started at 15% but became 20-25% later)

but how could they build a station and go to all the expense without knowing this ??

The one or two competitors going head to head out here in Colorado seem to be helping

keep everyone else in line.  It's not the number of stations in the vicinity necessarily,

it's how closely you're tied to major oil contracts, and with whom you're competing...

In the case of Sapp Bros.,  they seem to be the only game in town.