Sign in to follow this  
RDKamikaze

FINALLY an e85 station in Mesa!!

I've been waiting for this moment forever!  Yesterday, June 6 (my birthday of all days) the local news and newspapers mentioned a new station in the valley that sells ethanol gasoline.  It is only the second one here for the public, but it's still better than none!  This station is called Apache Sands and is located on the Northeast corner of Sossoman and Main.  Upon talking to the lady at the register about this new arrival, she mentioned, "We've had it here for months.  I guess nobody really knew about it until the news publicized it.  But it's been crazy all day here because of them!"  They are now listed on e85prices.com and e85fuel.com which is very helpful.

Be warned!  The station DOES have hours of operation.  I think she said they are open from 6am-10:30pm daily or something like that.  But unlike the other e85 station here it's just a normal gas station.

Well I filled my tank with some E85 for the first time today, so we'll see how much i like the gas milage compared to the reg gas prices.  I have a 2001 2.2 S10 Ext reg gas I get about 25 MPG.  Ill post up my gas milage with the E85 after a couple Fill ups. Oh yea and I got my E85 In mesa at Aphache Trail Service for $3.61 compared to $4.10 for 89 Unleaded

I have the same model year S10 FFV as you ! Is yours auto trans or stick?

If it is auto trans put it on cruise control at 70 mph and notice the fewer shifts running E85 as it attempts to maintain speed on small inclines. I took mine on a 550 trip on E85 returning 550 miles on gas. The shifts it had to do on gas drove me nuts but it did less than 1/3 of these on E85. Mpg diff on mine is 16.6% at 70 mph, mpg diff on 55 mph two lane roads is closer to 12-13%. Guys with the stick shifts do considerably better than I for mpg as this truck is underpowered with an autotrans.