Sign in to follow this  
RDKamikaze

Ethanol running with hydrogren? Can it happen?

Guest colchiro

What in there would I have to change out to get a wider range in voltage adjustment?  This is for all you electronic-savvy guys out there!  I don't know too much about this stuff lol!

I have one of those and refused to install it since it takes the sensor out of the picture, replacing it with a fixed signal. I'd try the mod describe here first: http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15537

If you can't get enough from one sensor, you should be modding other sensors instead of taking a chance on modding just the MAF sensor. See Tuning For Mileage.

Wow, I really like that link you added!  Well, I'm noticing results already so I don't think I need to play with anything else.  I already have a MAF adjuster and the o2 anti-fouler method and I think those two are a pretty easy and secure way to go.  Should I leave my setup how it is or play around with it some more?

I'm also going to be installing HHO kits on other family members' cars and some friends that are going to pay me.  Should I do their setups the same as mine (all have MAF, not MAP sensors) with the HHO generator, o2 anti-fouler, and MAF adjuster?  Let me know, thanks!  I'll be working on a Toyota Sequois, Tundra, Ford E350, F350, Nissan Murano, Honda Civic, Saturn L200, and Voltswagen Beetle (2000+).  Any help with special requirements any of these cars may have over others would be very helpful, thanks!

Guest colchiro

I'd use an EFIE to adjust the mixture on vehicles with a narrow band o2 sensor (probably none of the Toyota's since 1990). That should work better than adjusting the mix with a MAF/MAP.

On vehicles with 6 or 8 cyliners, I'd use 2 jars, but connect them in series, which should make them run cooler, more efficient.

Howdy everyone!  I just filled up on e85 today after an empty tank of gas!  Good news, I guess!  I didn't have to modify the kit at all (I don't think).  My e85 kit is set to the lowest stoich setting (should I increase it?) and my hydrogen kit is tuned the same.  The car started fine and there were no problems!  The only thing is that my car says I'm not getting 50+mpg anymorevon e85, but only around 40mpg!  Darn it lol!  Should I increase the stoich on the e85 kit a little or what?  I'll whip out my OBD2 scanner and read some data and see if I should re-tune anything.

Guest colchiro

Give it a couple days to adjust to the good stuff,  8) then you can play with it.

Alright, so I drove the car a few more miles tonight, and he's the verdict.  I got the CEL light (bank 1 too lean) three times.  Once wass with lowest setting on E85 kit, once with it next level up (only 4 levels), and once in the 3rd setting.  Now it's in 4th setting (highest) and no CEL so far.  The only thing is that my OBD2 reader's live data reports show that my rear o2 sensor is reading abour .7V all the time and my car says I'm getting around 38mpg.

What if I installed a mechanical o2 simulator on my front AFR (air fuel ratio) sensor located on the header.  It measures in resistance so I can't tap an adjuster on it as far as I know, but what if I added a simulator to it.  Would this make the sensor read cooler and make it use less gas (similar idea to rear-bank sensor)?  Any input would be great, and I would be more than happy to add another mehcanical sim for like $5 if it increases milage some more. :D

Guest colchiro

If you mean the o2 extender, I'd say go for it.

You might have to start over or back off to half-way with the tuning with E85.

What do you mean by back off the tuning with e85?  As in start back in the middle setting on the kit and retry tuning it again?  I'm going to try the extender again and see how it turns out this time :)

Guest colchiro

What do you mean by back off the tuning with e85?  As in start back in the middle setting on the kit and retry tuning it again?  I'm going to try the extender again and see how it turns out this time :)

For starts, starting over with the MAF tuning and any other tweaks you've done to accommodate hho.

Hello everyone, I'm back after a long absense due to building and rebuilding about 5 hydrogen generator designs!  I've come to post my results with my most rescent design.  Check the thread out on fuel-saver.org , a forum for hydrogen generators.  I'm getting over 70mpg now!