Sign in to follow this  
RDKamikaze

Ethanol running with hydrogren? Can it happen?

Hahaha, changing altitude in Arizona (especially the valley) is pretty tough.  Not many mountains here, they're all a few hours' drive.  It seems to be doing fine in our 100*+ weather we have right now, so that coveres the extreme heat part I would imagine.  I really can't do the cold or altitude test because there's nowhere close by that's even remotely cool, let alone cold over here :P .  I guess I'll have to wait until winter for that test.  I'm probably going to be going on a drive (3 hours) back to college to see some friends for a weekend sometime soon, so I'll let you all know how it does in the mountains.

So does that sound like a good idea to reduce the gas input amount, using the MAF adjuster to tell te computer the air is hotter than it really is?  My only concern is if something funky goes on and how exactly will it react in the winter when the air is in fact cooler?  I might have to adjust it I'm not sure.  I'm making about a dozen more of these HHO kits but I have no idea where to get the check valve!  Any help there would be great too, thanks!

Oh, and I forgot that I have some pictures and a short video on how my HHO kit is installed in my car!  I'm sorry the video ends so abruptly, my SD car was full.  I'll be making a better one soon :)

CIMG4008.jpg

width=500 height=375http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RDKamikaze/HHO%20kit/CIMG4009.jpg[/img]

width=375 height=500http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RDKamikaze/HHO%20kit/CIMG4010.jpg[/img]

width=500 height=375http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RDKamikaze/HHO%20kit/CIMG4011.jpg[/img]

width=500 height=375http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/RDKamikaze/HHO%20kit/CIMG4012.jpg[/img]

Video coming soon, reducing size first.

RD, checkvalve. The safety on the electrolyser can be from a pet fish store " Aquarium check valve ". The ones in the lines running to air intake generally impede the flow oh hho, but if you like to try order samples from Qosina, 1-631-242-3000. the 3 you want to try are 80125 ( in-line check valve - .124" OD, 80105 - .130" - 138" OD, 80068 - .124" OD. Samples are free then you have to order by the min. 1,000. You could always order samples for each person by their address.  ;) Later.

Thanks a ton!  I was talking about the electrolyzer check valve so I'll be sure to make a stop at an aquarium store tomorrow.  And what about that little yellow stopper thing w/ a cut in it at the end of the bubbler hose?  I have no idea what it's called or even where to get it!

RD, Wally-World has cheap ones that work instead of the higher price in a fish store.  The thing for diffusing is a just a wall anchor ( the things used for hanging pictures ect. ) that will fit into you hho hose. You should also look at a Husky mini general air compressor filter ( at Home Depot ) half fill with SS bb's to catch the extra water before it gets into the engine or put some of those silica packets in to absorb the extra water and they can be dried and reused. Later. BTW you can use plastic scrubby pads also to keep the sloshing to a minimum so it doesn't get sucked into the hho line.

Awesome, thanks a ton!  I'll be sure to check out Weselmart tomorrow for check valves and those wall anchors.

And for the Husky water filtering idea, what does it do other than catch water?  Where does the water go, too?

The Husky goes between the hho line and where it goes into the air intake. you will have to put a cork at the bottom of the filter drain to drain the moisture it catches as it's drain isn't air tight and make sure the filter is slightly lower than the electolyser and the connection going to the air in-take as condensation will flow down to the Husky. Later. Internet satellite got blocked by the BIG storm coming through.

Ok that makes sense and helps a lot!  Thanks a ton for that info. :D

One more question.  I'm thinking on changing the voltage output on my MAP sensor adjuster a little.  Right now it goes from around 1.34V (I think) to over 5V.  How can I make it go closer to 1V or even below it (wider range)?  Here's the main parts I am using for the sensor adjuster:

1K ohm multi-turn cerment pot

LM317T adjustable voltage regulator

221ohm metal film resistor

What in there would I have to change out to get a wider range in voltage adjustment?  This is for all you electronic-savvy guys out there!  I don't know too much about this stuff lol!