Sign in to follow this  
Marm

Location/prices

After purchasing a Flex fuel vehicle in 2006 I inquired from an E85 web site , don't remember which one, about why e10 was the same price as regular unleaded.  I was told that it only cost 55cents per gallon to produce E85 to the refineries or some such low money amount and that the distributors were directly responsible for the prices to the consumers.  And if I wanted to know why the price was the same I should inquire at the location at which I was making the purchase as to its pricing. No one has ever given me a reasonable answer. 

If I could find E85 close enough to make it worth while to purchase I would.  However, I would have to drive a minimum of 10 to 12 miles out of my regular traveled path in order to get to a retailer selling it.  Therefore, I am stuck buying the regular stuff at my nearby gas station.  I have considered building a still and making my own but the revenuers would probably get me.

Marm, Don't have to worry about revenuers, the experimental still permit is free and up to 9,999 gallons are OK and you would get a check quarterly from the gov. to the tune of 51 cents for each gallon produced and then you could denature it with 2% biodiesel and wallah. If you ever decide to go the still route, I can give you some direction. 8) Later.

Hi Marm. Did you check out our prices at http://e85prices.com?

We're adding new stations all the time so I would think you'd find a convenient station one of these days.

Spaeking of which.. Indiana Business Journal used us this morning http://www.ibj.com/html/detail_page.asp?content=14257   :)

"

For example, on April 9, the Crystal Flash at 11544 Allisonville Road in Fishers listed E85 at $2.59 a gallon, versus $3.54 for gasoline, according to E85prices.com.

After adjusting for ethanol?s lower fuel economy?multiplying the E85 price times a 1.41 conversion factor government scientists are fond of?the cost of E85 was just 11 cents higher than for gas.

That spread is practically nothing to those who want to poke Big Oil in the eyes, or who want ethanol?s higher octane and cleaner tailpipe emissions.

To them, breaking the energy-efficiency barrier is the equivalent of smashing the sound barrier.

95 cents less per gallon everyone is getting far better MPG/D driving E85 over gasoline unless of course you are driving a tank... 

The station in Tomah, Wi. which is listed as Travel Mart at 124 w. McCoy blvd. is now a Kwik Trip and carries e85, stopped there Thur. to check it out. There is a Large Truck stop Kwik Trip at the I94 exit but doesn't carry e85 and it's at 100 E. McCoy blvd. The Prices at the TM now KT was $3.04 for e85 and $3.45 for nl. Later. Thought I posted this yesterday, I might have been on another thread here. Sorry about the confusion.

The station in Tomah, Wi. which is listed as Travel Mart at 124 w. McCoy blvd. is now a Kwik Trip and carries e85, stopped there Thur. to check it out. There is a Large Truck stop Kwik Trip at the I94 exit but doesn't carry e85 and it's at 100 E. McCoy blvd. The Prices at the TM now KT was $3.04 for e85 and $3.45 for nl. Later. Thought I posted this yesterday, I might have been on another thread here. Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks Dragon..I'll sort out