Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

... immediately require all cars manufactured and sold in North America FlexFuel

One of the biggest problems to solve, in Zubrin's view, is how to destroy the iron-grip control that the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries has on global oil supply and, by extension, the price of a barrel of crude. OPEC's 13 members, led by Saudi Arabia, have manipulated the world's oil market for too long and must be stopped, he says.

The solution? It's dead simple as far as Zubrin is concerned: create a legislative mandate that would immediately require all cars manufactured and sold in North America to have flex-fuel capability, meaning they can run on gasoline or an alcohol-based fuel such as ethanol (E85) or methanol (M85).

"If we had a North American flex-fuel standard it would effectively be an international flex-fuel standard," says Zubrin, during a telephone interview prior to a speech he gave last Wednesday in Toronto. "Gasoline would be forced to compete at the pumps against alcohols."

http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/410812

Forced to compete at the pump ! Thats what we are talking about thats the aurgement I have been stressing.. Ethanol and Gasoline competiting..not this waterdowned "displacement" using e10 nonsense

People can proselytize all they want, but someone has to get off the pulpit and actually do something. I had a professor once who wrote one letter on each black board section that said " Do something " and only 4 out of 100 hundred saw it and did something, they got A's. The rest got assignments and passed. At the end of the semester he finally pointed it out to all who still didn't see it. Later.

People can proselytize all they want, but someone has to get off the pulpit and actually do something. I had a professor once who wrote one letter on each black board section that said " Do something " and only 4 out of 100 hundred saw it and did something, they got A's. The rest got assignments and passed. At the end of the semester he finally pointed it out to all who still didn't see it. Later.

We reach nearly 60,000 visitors a month between e85prices.com and here ..that is doing "our" something.. Action has to be taken by the powers that be ..all we can do is hope those in power are getting enough feedback that drives the point home to where they do act ..

Dan, this wasn't directed at you. I know what your position and contribution is. I was directing that to the " Leaders " who are giving lip service an no action and the industry folks who keep finding excuses. And Outlaw that is not directed at you either. Peace, Love and OMMMM. Later.

Dan, this wasn't directed at you. I know what your position and contribution is. I was directing that to the " Leaders " who are giving lip service an no action and the industry folks who keep finding excuses. And Outlaw that is not directed at you either. Peace, Love and OMMMM. Later.

You're too much of a Hippy to direct it at me  :D  Yeah I'm watching the video.. Peace Out

We reach nearly 60,000 visitors a month between e85prices.com and here ..that is doing "our" something.. Action has to be taken by the powers that be ..all we can do is hope those in power are getting enough feedback that drives the point home to where they do act ..

The above quote is the reason I make statements here to be viewed by the 60, 000. We have a varied and knowlegible group of people here who can look at things from different perspectives with a similar goal and are very helpful to folks looking to get off the petrol merry go round. I do believe this is one of the best forums I ever participated in. lol. Later.

After that happens, I would still like to see the more efficient high compression E85-only engines.

Agree Rusty .. that will be the next major complaint as more and more people are driving flex (rightfully so to a degree) ..they need to start working on Cancelling CAFE for just being flex and move incentives over to creating real e85 vehicles

That is the power of alternative fuels! If each of us that understands the problem is a sole source transportation fuel system and we each do our little bit to move toward it and help others do the same we have the power of geometric growth working for us. If each person interested in fuel ethanol or one of the other biofuel options can just convince 2 other people to give it a try we have the mathematical equivalent of a nuclear explosion. A run away chain reaction like a fission explosion simply multiplies one event over and over by a small number greater than one and less than two. Each fissioning atom giving off on average more than one additional neutron that goes on to split yet another atom.

What people do not understand is how that math works. It takes about 57 generations of fission to release all the energy in an atom bomb. 99.999% of that energy is released in the very last one or two generations of fission.

We are in the early stage of that geometric growth of interest and demand (and supply) of alternative fuels. You can see that in the numbers that fuel ethanol production is growing at 25% - 35%/year.

That means fuel ethanol production is doubling every 2.5 years or so. That exponential growth curve will turn fuel supplies upside down in just a few years as in 10 years that growth rate will increase supply 16x.

The ethanol producers will be forced to start growing out an E85 fueling market simply for survival here soon or they will crash the system and a lot of them will be sitting on idle plants as more productive systems come on line.

All we can do is provide an educational forum and encouragement for others that want to get off the sole source petroleum path and choose another.

Larry