Sign in to follow this  
mpersell

First Dealership owned E85 station opens in Dallas area

GM has placed E85 locations as an option in the newer OnStar systems.

Okay --- underground telephone war !!

Everyone call your largest local GM dealership point them to this article and ask them when they plan on opening their Biofuels pumping facility!

Larry

Great move by GM, and I hope it gets picked up in other locations. GM and the dealers have the cash flow and the clout to put in stations a lot faster than smaller operators. If they get serious about this across the nation it could be a way to break the log jam for E85 availability while traveling.

Just think what it would do if travelers knew all they had to do to find an E85 pump on a major highway route was to stop at a GM affiliated dealer! It also gives GM a lever to push down E85 prices in locations where they are seeing scalping.

That is also the first article I can recall that gives a balanced presentation of the lower energy density of ethanol and in the same paragraph mentions that there are other compensating advantages.

Larry

Guest colchiro

.....meaning all FlexFuel vehicles sold at Classic will start with a tank of E85.

Hopefully the minimum-wage help filling up the vehicles, didn't accidentally fill a non-FFV. ;D

Hey Dan,  I have the address and particulars now.  Can we add Classic Clean Fuels to E85Prices.com?

Classic Clean Fuels

2501C  William D Tate Ave

Grapevine, TX  76051

817-410-6184

E10            $3.169

E85            $2.749

Biodiesel    $3.859

.....meaning all FlexFuel vehicles sold at Classic will start with a tank of E85.

Thats a fantastic way to introduce consumers to E85 ..and should remove any anxiety on whether they should fill up with E85 at the next E85 pump they see

Hey Dan,  I have the address and particulars now.  Can we add Classic Clean Fuels to E85Prices.com?

Classic Clean Fuels

2501C   William D Tate Ave

Grapevine, TX  76051

817-410-6184

E10            $3.169

E85            $2.749

Biodiesel     $3.859

Thats a fantastic way to introduce consumers to E85 ..and should remove any anxiety on whether they should fill up with E85 at the next E85 pump they see

Done  mpersell ready for prices..

Thanks for that article another great reading.  If this takes off GM could really lead E-85 out into the open.  Like others have stated if the general public sees, oh I can put that into my NEW vehicle with no problems maybe it will open others eyes.  I turned my neighbor onto E-85 yesterday he was very interested and we talked about 30 minutes on the pro's of the mix.   

Note that Classic Autos does not have mid level ethanol blends-- GM's alt fuels people wanted nothing to do with us as a partner when they found out we also had E20 3 years ago.

And why is that ?

Note that Classic Autos does not have mid level ethanol blends-- GM's alt fuels people wanted nothing to do with us as a partner when they found out we also had E20 3 years ago.

And why is that ?

You remember what their VEEP said months ago? "E20 will absolutely damage our systems" We all had a laugh about it at the time. My '96 is absolutely not YET destroyed after almost a 1/4 million miles of which is over half E20--but who knows what they put into one model somewhere--or if they are just playing with our minds.

And why is that ?

You remember what their VEEP said months ago? "E20 will absolutely damage our systems" We all had a laugh about it at the time. My '96 is absolutely not YET destroyed after almost a 1/4 million miles of which is over half E20--but who knows what they put into one model somewhere--or if they are just playing with our minds.

When I was asking you the question..I was thinking of the VEEP statement ..and the relationship between the possible deal that broke off...  What is it about E20 / MId Ranges that irrates GM?  Do they really believe mid ranges will "destroy" vehicles and if so what are they basing that on ?  Or is it a political move ..does that affect CAFE in some manner ?  Other political reasons ?

Just trying to get a handle

I would guess it is a business decision. If they acknowledge that 20% is okay in their cars, first they would have to back track on years of propaganda that it was destructive and not cost effective to allow higher blends. It would be especially embarrassing if the general public were to find out they could use 30% for years but in order to protect CAFE waivers they refused to certify to that blend.

Secondly it would cut the FFV's marketing advantage off at the knees, as you point out if we went to a nation wide 20% - 30% blend system we would burn all the ethanol that could be produced.

They might also know that 20% - 30% blends allow better fuel mileage than plain gasoline and might even open themselves to new EPA certifications on all their cars for the higher blend and reflash upgrades to engine control software if the higher blend was approved.

I still say the EPA regulations are one of the biggest hurdles to lower emissions, better gasoline mileage, and alternate fuels because they require a specific system not a result.

Larry