Sign in to follow this  
mpersell

First Dealership owned E85 station opens in Dallas area

This is located near the DFW airport.  GM sponsored a 2 hour session from 7am to 9am for 85.9 cents per gallon.  E85 normal price as of March 28, 2008 is $2.74 per gallon.  There are 9 pumps, 3 each clean fuels E85 and biodiesel and 3 E10.

http://www.forbes.com/prnewswire/feeds/prnewswire/2008/03/28/prnewswire200803281130PR_NEWS_USPR_____CLF006A.html

This is located near the DFW airport.  GM sponsored a 2 hour session from 7am to 9am for 85.9 cents per gallon.  E85 normal price as of March 28, 2008 is $2.74 per gallon.  There are 9 pumps, 3 each clean fuels E85 and biodiesel and 3 E10.

http://www.forbes.com/prnewswire/feeds/prnewswire/2008/03/28/prnewswire200803281130PR_NEWS_USPR_____CLF006A.html

.....meaning all FlexFuel vehicles sold at Classic will start with a tank of E85.

Thats a fantastic way to introduce consumers to E85 ..and should remove any anxiety on whether they should fill up with E85 at the next E85 pump they see

Another annoucement in there was a FFV version of the H2 truck at the Hummer dealer.  Classic is the biggest Chevy dealer in the US by volume of cars and trucks.  They have a good following.  Hopefully the prices will smack Kroger with some reality.  Classic opened today at $2.74 for E85 and Kroger just jumped to $2.94 nearby.

.....meaning all FlexFuel vehicles sold at Classic will start with a tank of E85.

Thats a fantastic way to introduce consumers to E85 ..and should remove any anxiety on whether they should fill up with E85 at the next E85 pump they see

mp, Good article. Looks like classic & GM found a real good way to promo e85 and remove fears that people have been fed. I told everyone we are making progress, there was a reason for all the attacks. Now we will see if the rest of the ethanol industry will follow the lead and take advantage of the good press from the article. I,m putting this link in my keep folder to have it handy to send to the Anti folks. Later.  8)

Great move by GM, and I hope it gets picked up in other locations. GM and the dealers have the cash flow and the clout to put in stations a lot faster than smaller operators. If they get serious about this across the nation it could be a way to break the log jam for E85 availability while traveling.

Just think what it would do if travelers knew all they had to do to find an E85 pump on a major highway route was to stop at a GM affiliated dealer! It also gives GM a lever to push down E85 prices in locations where they are seeing scalping.

That is also the first article I can recall that gives a balanced presentation of the lower energy density of ethanol and in the same paragraph mentions that there are other compensating advantages.

Larry

Good, I wonder if Rex is smelling the roses yet. Or sensing the winds of change. I should really be thanking all of his kind for the price gouging that is making J. Q. desperate enough to look seriously at the alternatives.  ;D Later.

Okay --- underground telephone war !!

Everyone call your largest local GM dealership point them to this article and ask them when they plan on opening their Biofuels pumping facility!

Larry

Just think what it would do if travelers knew all they had to do to find an E85 pump on a major highway route was to stop at a GM affiliated dealer!

Larry

Give us a few more days Larry and we have something I think you are going to like ! ;)