Sign in to follow this  
mpersell

VE85 Comes to Texas and E85 prices go through the roof.

Verasun is now the supplier to Kroger in Dallas and Houston announced on February 26th.  Average E85 price in Dallas is now $2.80 per gallon and tied directly to E10 prices.

Verasun is now the supplier to Kroger in Dallas and Houston announced on February 26th.  Average E85 price in Dallas is now $2.80 per gallon and tied directly to E10 prices.

Texas Krogers have been at the 10% price spread for at least 5 months (wonder if Verasun has been supllying longer nad just announced ?)...and looking at the price Kroger price spreads supplied by Verasun in Ohio..same range..

also see archive prices in Illinois at 13% (springfield- quick n EZ) price spread supplied

I suspect the trend is exactly the same where every Vera sun has stations ..

Umm  I believe I see Verasun getting attention in our next e95prices.com article...    I had the NY Times call a couple months backed and asked why I was targetting Meijer (same pricing nonsense).. ;D

what else can we do ? I'll make what noise I can and hope it gets enough attention that they get called on it by "higher powers"  so to speak

I dont get ubnderstand it either.. Versun is clearly promoting and bringing E85 to market ..and then they embarass themselves on pricing ...EVERYONE knows 10% dosent cut it . 

They are producing 600 Million Gallons of Ethanol ...and have 150 Retail locations .. 4,00 gallons a month average per station = 600,000 Gallons actually going to E85 (oops excuse me.. Ve85)

Verasun Ethanol Production=600 MILLION gallons

Verasun VE85 gets a measly 600,00 gallons ..right at the 1% mark that is basically Industry wide .. they could give E85 away and be hugely profitable from the ethanol as an additive sales.. 

Ther is no reason other than pure greed that sets a price spread of 10%

mpersell you can see how as we move forward how the archives will come in handy .. http://e85prices.com/archive.php/