1 reply to this topic

#1 BigGreen

BigGreen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationNorthern Indiana

Posted 31 March 2018 - 05:15 AM

I have had only experiences with GM vehicles in general. I can confirm what others are reporting here, even without a conversion, they respond very well to using blended ethanol. I was able to go up as high as a bit above 50%, but found that the gas mileage was best when using around 35%.

This (blending) is obviously not an issue with a conversion.

Luckily conversions are out there. Car manufacturers are not interested in FlexFuel vehicles. The oil industry is huge, imagine what would happen if you go green like Brazil.

Greetings!

Don't touch a running system!

#2 James48843

James48843

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts
  • LocationHowell, Michigan

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:55 AM

So here we are in 2018, and it looks like GM has almost completely abandoned E85 as a fuel. 

I am now at about 75K on my 2013 Buick turbo Regal, and its time to start thinking about what my next car should be. 

I had been hoping to see a Chevy Cruise in E85-  as you may recall, back around 2010, the GM mantra was that 50% or more of cars would be felx-fuel by 2012. 

And then everything fell off a cliff. 

You may remember we had some discussion about GM saving the cost of an alcohol sensor, and therefore some said that wasn't possible to meet EPA requirements with a stock Cruze- 

Has anybody here done a conversion on the 1.4 turbo engine of the Chevy Cruze?     Or tried running E85 in a turbo Cruze? 

Looking for experiences

thanks

2012 Malibu 2.4 liter flex. 2004 Silverado 1500 Non-flex 4.3LV6- splashblend to E27 each time. (5 gals E85, 17 Gals E10).

EX: 2008 Chevy Impala 3.5 liter flex-fuel E85

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP