Sign in to follow this  
Fuelinggood

New E85prices.com Mobile App

All:

We have finished the update to our E85prices.com mobile app, and it is available for download on iTunes. The Android version is taking a little bit longer to get approved, but should be there yet this week. If you see any issues, please let us know by posting here or by contacting us through the app.

Thanks,

Robert

RFA

Just finished updating, then came to the forum to complain.  :)

I appreciate the update, but have an issue with the calculator. (That's as far as I got checking out your update.) I like the idea of entering E10 mileage and having it calculate the E10/85 mileage, but where did you get the numbers? (based on energy content, which we all complain isn't accurate)

I entered 42 mpg for E10 (premium) mileage, but it's showing 32.55 mpg for E85. I lose about 15% - 20%, yet you're showing -23%? FWIW, you're also showing annual costs of $165 for E10 and $187 for E85, which isn't going to help sales.

If you wanted to make it accurate you'd calculate E85 mileage, but make it an editable field for those that know it. Also, when you replace E10 PREMIUM with E85, the loss is much less and we all know replacing expensive premium with E85 makes sense. Also, if I'm filling with premium, show me the premium price to make the spread more accurate.

Also not sure where the prefilled fuel costs came from since I report on several stations, yet only fill at one. If you have cheap E85 reported, maybe you should tell me where to find it?

Sorry for the rant. Possibly you wanted to make the calculator easy, not accurate?

FWIW, I created the calculator e85vehicles.com used to use and the better one I wanted to you to host again.  :huh:

Station Details:

Why when I go into stations in my favorites in the Android app, I see a city and state drop-down, instead of the actual city and state and we all know is in the database?

State:

Choose State

City:

Choose City

I will have our developer look into the issues on the Android version ASAP.

As for the calculator, the prices are pulled from reported data at E85prices.com from your immediate area using your location. The MPG data is calculated using data pulled from DOE fuel economy tests comparing regular unleaded and E85. Your other suggestions will be considered for future updates.

Robert

RFA