6 replies to this topic

#1 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

The Hiro Hamada of the ethanol world!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationLansing, Michigan

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:13 PM

I win! $1.14 spread at Speedway 8789 in Lansing, before 6 cents/gallon in reward and prepay discounts. Attached File  89CB1B32-3782-4D3F-A5B2-367B1CDC741C.jpeg   75.01KB   0 downloadsAttached File  CF5D222C-BFC7-4BA5-ADE0-6729FA2991D7.jpeg   86.29KB   0 downloadsAttached File  563C3576-13F1-4F23-9ED0-5E4F145769F4.jpeg   83.22KB   0 downloads

Attached Files

Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars. -Casey Kasem
E85 is less than a dollar per gallon!!!
View May thru July 2016 prices
-Alcohol belongs in cars, not humans. -Me
-2012 Dodge Charger 3.6L Pentastar V6
-Listen pal, we tell it like it is. Somebody is bugging me, I let 'em know. And yeah, maybe that's why I like animals. They tell it like it is. Woof, moo, quack. That's straight shootin'! -Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond (episode: "The Bird")
-I fail to see how you fail to see that it's AWESOME! - Hiro, Big Hero 6

#2 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

• PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

I should also note that once again, those lucky ducks in Illinois are even luckier... they have $1.10 spread at Speedway stations there.
-Listen pal, we tell it like it is. Somebody is bugging me, I let 'em know. And yeah, maybe that's why I like animals. They tell it like it is. Woof, moo, quack. That's straight shootin'! -Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond (episode: "The Bird")

#3 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

• PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

I first ran into the $1 spread back on the 2nd at the Speedway station in old town (the first Lansing area station to get the fuel, back in 2013), and initially thought it was a glitch. The station on south Cedar now has it for $1.39. Guess where Iā€™m getting fuel next! For a while there, I actually got cheaper fuel in Texas than I had last month here.

#4 James48843

James48843

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts
  • LocationHowell, Michigan

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

Several of the Speedway stations in Michigan have dropped the price to a $1 price spread.   Nice! 

I DID see a station in Ann Arbor, Michigan that did NOT drop the price- it has a .70 cent spread- but that's not half b ad either. 

Speedway has done this before-  right at the end of the year, and I think it has something to do with the Ethanol blend mandates-  Speedway is owned by Marathon, and they drop the price in November/December.  I think it is in order to meet their ethanol consumption mandate for the Federal Government.  If they sell E85, it means they don't have to put as much ethanol in other fuels they sell, and they can sell their E0 "rec gas" without worrying it will put their blend quota in jeopardy. 

Thank you SPEEDWAY for being a leader in Flex-Fuel. 

On another note- I just saw the list of GM sedan cars that are Flex-Fuel that I can afford in 2018 model year.  

The ONLY car that they are making flex-fuel will be the Impala with the V6.    NO OTHERS.    Bummer!!! 

I'm driving a 2013 Buick Regal turbo now, and soooo wanted to see a 2018 Buick Regal or small sedan available in flex-fuel.  

2012 Malibu 2.4 liter flex. 2004 Silverado 1500 Non-flex 4.3LV6- splashblend to E27 each time. (5 gals E85, 17 Gals E10).

EX: 2008 Chevy Impala 3.5 liter flex-fuel E85

#5 Fuelinggood

Fuelinggood

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:46 AM

I am guessing, and only guessing, that they still have contracts in other states that are precluding that move at this point. They are $.50/gal discount in Georgia, as an example. 

#6 Billyk24

Billyk24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:48 AM

• why only those states?

#7 Fuelinggood

Fuelinggood

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

Speedway has moved their E85/unleaded differential to $1/gal in OH, KY, IL and IN. If you are in those areas, enjoy! The price of RINS, combined with the large spread between ethanol and gasoline, have led to some favorable E85 prices for many.

Robert

RFA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP