Sign in to follow this  
Fuelinggood

Speedway Increases Spread to $1/gal

Speedway has moved their E85/unleaded differential to $1/gal in OH, KY, IL and IN. If you are in those areas, enjoy! The price of RINS, combined with the large spread between ethanol and gasoline, have led to some favorable E85 prices for many.

Robert

RFA

Several of the Speedway stations in Michigan have dropped the price to a $1 price spread.   Nice! 

I DID see a station in Ann Arbor, Michigan that did NOT drop the price- it has a .70 cent spread- but that's not half b ad either. 

Speedway has done this before-  right at the end of the year, and I think it has something to do with the Ethanol blend mandates-  Speedway is owned by Marathon, and they drop the price in November/December.  I think it is in order to meet their ethanol consumption mandate for the Federal Government.  If they sell E85, it means they don't have to put as much ethanol in other fuels they sell, and they can sell their E0 "rec gas" without worrying it will put their blend quota in jeopardy. 

Thank you SPEEDWAY for being a leader in Flex-Fuel. 

On another note- I just saw the list of GM sedan cars that are Flex-Fuel that I can afford in 2018 model year.  

The ONLY car that they are making flex-fuel will be the Impala with the V6.    NO OTHERS.    Bummer!!! 

I'm driving a 2013 Buick Regal turbo now, and soooo wanted to see a 2018 Buick Regal or small sedan available in flex-fuel.  

I first ran into the $1 spread back on the 2nd at the Speedway station in old town (the first Lansing area station to get the fuel, back in 2013), and initially thought it was a glitch. The station on south Cedar now has it for $1.39. Guess where I’m getting fuel next! For a while there, I actually got cheaper fuel in Texas than I had last month here.