• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Billyk24

Billyk24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:22 PM

The unleaded 88 price is now 10 cents a gallon less than E10 at this Northern Wisconsin location.   As for mpg, driving Mom's 08 Mercury Milan (V6 engine) is netting me around 32 driving on the state highways and interstate from the 50-62/63 mph range.  Yes, I drive a little slow.

#2 roosterk

roosterk

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

I've been running E15 (Kum & Go) in my 09 Cobalt for over a year now, occasionally I'll top off a half tank with E85 for a E50 blend,  I loose about 3-4 mpg (8-10%) with E50, much over E50 I'll get a CEL.   

Off topic:

Got my wife a 15 Rogue last December, her previous 2 cars were FFV.  Got in it one Sunday morning, didn't start as quick as normal, after a few miles noticed a CEL, it was full so stopped to check the gas gap.   Few miles it didn't go away, asked where she filled it up.  Sure enough almost a full tank of E85.  After 50 miles, I squeezed in 3 gallons of E10, still didn't clear, brought the blend down to about E65, it got 24 mpg per the display on E85.  On E65 for the next 160 miles I got about 25 mpg per the display.  I topped it off with 6 gallons of  E15 bring it down to E45 and got 28.2 mpg when I got home 60 miles later.  I would normally expect 30-31 mpg for that trip. 

The next day the light was gone.  Other than not starting instantly the first time no other symptoms. 

I'd run E50 in all my cars and never give it a second thought if available. 

#3 Wintermute

Wintermute

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

I've ran E15 in my '97 Rolla without any issues as well, but it's so cheap on gas I don't go out of my way to do it all the time.

#4 fleebut

fleebut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:00 AM

I like under E50 for vehicles. E30 would quickly become my favorite. All vehicles that I've experience do well under E50. My wife's Focus will drop 2 mpg on E30 E40 fuel. Given that the E85 fuel is -60 cent continuous spread I'm making out good. Funny, that the Costco pumps may be as much as -10 cents per gallon and you have to get in line with six deep to fuel up. If ever the public would realize the true benefit of ethanol, you know given that the fuel really is a superior fuel, what would be the results? And yes the regulations to improve production and use of ethanol should have merely allowed ethanol to mix straight up with gasoline and advertise as mid and high octane fuel.  

#5 Billyk24

Billyk24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Unleaded 88 is replacing the "mid-grade" 89 octane while being a nickel cheaper than E10 at the location I found it.  Mom's 08 Mercury Milan ran without an issue on E15.

#6 Fuelinggood

Fuelinggood

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

The answer is yes! They are adding blending facilities to support and plan to continue their roll out.

https://www.cstorede...uces-e15-fuel/ 

#7 Billyk24

Billyk24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Stopped at the Kwik Trip station(s) in Rhinelander, Wi as I noticed the large sign advertising unleaded 88.   Stopped at the pump and found out unleaded 88 is E15.  Marketing move?  The Kwik Trip station near the Central Wisconsin airport (just south of Wausau) does not have unleaded 88.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP