• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fleebut

fleebut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

Carbon Green Bioenergy has a permanent -$.60 price as compared to unleaded. It's an agreement with station owner. I've enjoyed 60 cent spread and at one time 100 cent spread for years. Funny, the Shell station can't advertise the price of competing product. Only the locals know of the E85 pump and price spread.  

#2 Billyk24

Billyk24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

Nearly six weeks later, the spread has fallen to 40 cents:  $2.56 for E10 and $2.16 for E85.

#3 Billyk24

Billyk24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

I report on the numbers that I pay.

#4 BigGreen

BigGreen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationNorthern Indiana

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

I would not get excited nor fall for such numbers unless you actually get to pay them.

We have several Speedway stations here where E85 is advertised at a great price (with a great spread). It happened several times before (last time 2 weeks ago) that when trying to get it, the pump is either out of service (and prices therefor most likely not updated), or the pump itself shows a different (higher) price.

When asking the store employees, I received the expected answer: 'Oh we are so sorry, we have not updated the price for it on the billboard yet'.

And is is certain that the posted prices are incorrect. You will not get a gallon for the $2.49 that you posted. Because there is always a '9' behind it. In order to get 1 gallon, you have to pay $2.499, which is pretty much $2.50.

It might not mean much for people with ADD/ADHD, but when I fill up my truck with over 200 gallon of fuel, this adds up to about $2.00. Multiple this by how often I do that in a month, yes, that will be a lot!

Greetings!

Don't touch a running system!

#5 TD

TD

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Nice.

Town Drunk

#6 Billyk24

Billyk24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Ran a 5k 4th of July running race in a nearby community and stopped at the "close-by" Speedway station.  Was greeted with a 4th of July special in that E85 was $1.89 and E10 was the normal $2.49.   If my math is correct, this is a 24% spread.  It has been a long time since a Western Pennsylvania station has featured such a spread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP