jeepn30

Tesla Model 3

I have a 2013 Model S with the 85kw battery.  On a daily charge (which they recommend) at 90% I have 229 rated miles.  On a full charge, it is currently 255.  In the winter it is less because you use battery to heat the car (no waste heat from a conventional engine), and may lose about 25% range in the winter.  Range is never an issue because I plug in my car every night and wake up with my battery at 90% charge.  I feel this is the one thing that most people overlook, is that you refuel your car at home. 

I traded my first gen Volt for a new one so have 52 miles of EV range during warm weather, but seeing 31 miles lately due to sub-zero temps. Haven't touched the tune on it yet and enjoying driving EV every day. I considered going with a Bolt, but Premiers were over 200 miles away and to drive it home in sub zero temps could have been an all night drive, which I wasn't ready for yet. Next time around I'm going to consider a used Model X. 

Hi Billy,

Yes, rear seats easily fold down (hatchback) and the battery is bigger in 2016, but nothing after. This Volt has a 40% bigger battery than my 12 Volt and is rated for 52 miles. I've hauled a lot of stuff in my Volt.

There's supposed to be a refresh in 2019, which usually brings minor appearance changes, but possibly could also introduce an increased battery.

With almost 178,000 miles on my 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid, I'm due for a new ride in the next few years.  Will be looking for a PHEV, hopefully rated near and/or above 40mpg on highway with fold down seats to carry things I use and need.  Many new PHEV models are arriving in the next two/three years.

Got my AWD Model 3 about 6 weeks ago and all I can say is, "AWESOME". I don't understand why I didn't reserve one years sooner, considering the $1k was refundable. OTOH, I would not have wanted the RWD version considering we have winter for a large chunk of the year.