gasisoutrageous

iPhone app update looks great - still a couple of glitches though

Hey Dan,

I just got the update on both the iPhone, and I have to say that I like the improvements. I really like that the app will now work in landscape mode, instead of just portrait.

The keypad is working properly, I now see a submission message when I enter prices, and the user interface is no longer overlapped by the status bar. I also love being able to view and post E0 prices through the app now.

However, the directions feature seems not to work now. I'll tap the "directions" link, and nothing happens.

When it was working, I noticed an issue that you may want to consider. When I tapped on the directions link, I was taken to a menu on the Apple maps app which required a couple more steps to get directions to the station. Can we change it so that the shortest route is automatically plotted like the GasBuddy app has it?

Also, I thought it would be neat if we could have an option to get the routing through Google Maps. I'll attach a screenshot of the GasBuddy app showing what I mean when I tap "directions".

post-2293-0-08977200-1415214011_thumb.jpg

Ah pooo. yep directions not working.  OK .. well the fix is easy but it seems to take forever to get the APP through  Apples review process

I'll keep you all posted when it's ready

I used the directions feature on my last trip..that really does make it much easier to simply press directions and start navigation instead of trying to read addresses on a Phone while driving..big no no anyways

OK_ Just a couple of things to report on the current version of iphone application:  I'm not sure what is going on with it, -- 

When I  log in and prepare to "report a price", it tells me that there is no current price at that station (even though on the screen before I could see a valid price that I had reported a couple of days earlier).,  

This just started happening in the last week, or so. 

James what City and Station .. I'll look into.

We Changed time frame to last 30 days .. in other words ONLy prices reported in the last 30 days will be displayed . (you are saying that you are missing a Price from just a few days ago though)

Did that because people did not seem to understand that the prices were the LAST REPORTED price for a Station post-2-0-62576500-1416886744_thumb.png

And now that  I look at it- it appears that in the LAPTOP version, the tabl below the map is updating properly, but the map itself is NOT updating.  Here is an example.   Below is the price I entered today from Ypsilanti, Michigan speedway on west michigan.  but the map is not updated at all.

See?

report-1_zpsccb930f1.jpg

I checked on State Page and Working Fine... so City Page prices on Map are not getting Updated.. that's an easy fix

The Iphone issue is not so easy and will take some time ..I'll let you know when that is fixed

It's kind of annoying to have to authorize the app to use my location every time I open it. Are you able to setup the app so that I only have to authorize it once?

Aaron that is your Phones Location services... you can change that to what you need.. here is a good read http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/50428/how-do-i-allow-only-apps-in-use-to-access-location-services-on-my-iphone-or-ipad/

Yes, happening with every station, and does not show prices reported in the last day, last couple days, actually ANYTIME. 

Just won't show last reported price at all.

thanks.

I reported today two stations- livonia, Michigan. and ypsilanti, michigan.   On the laptop I can see them.  But on the iphone app handheld, the price is not there on the map page at all.

Thanks

jim

OK James that was an easier fix than anticipated .. should be working.

Map on City pages will be fixed tomorrow

Aaron that is your Phones Location services... you can change that to what you need.. here is a good read http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/50428/how-do-i-allow-only-apps-in-use-to-access-location-services-on-my-iphone-or-ipad/

That don't work at least on mine. I've had it set to "Always" for the app since day 1, still get the prompt to this day every time i open the app.