Thumpin455

Incredible spread in Ishpeming Mi.

It was a whopping 5 cents today. 

87     $3.57

E85   $3.52

Asked why the poor spread, guy working there told me its because they are paying $4.20 off the truck, that Green Bay is gouging us. He said the owner is considering getting rid of E85 because he has had problems with people claiming it harmed their vehicles, and it isnt selling. Well with no spread to speak of it will only go in vehicles that run nothing else. Its hard to read in my pic, but its $3.57. All the gas around here is that high, 92 is $4.07 at the Holiday station. I see sub $3 gas and under $2 E85 posted here and I want to move.

IMG_20140906_175852_459_zps343e9dda.jpg

He said they all get fuel from the same supplier in Green Bay, every station gets it from the same place. Everyone here knows that you drive north to Houghton fifty miles and gas is 30 cents or more cheaper. They are gouging Marquette and nobody cares. We almost always have the highest gas prices in the state, far too often the highest in the midwest. They arent going to get a different supplier.

I asked the new tribal station owners if they would put E85 in and they said hell no, because it ruins cars. If the land here wasnt so cheap I would move.

My dad has been itching to go to an M&M (Menominee and Marinette) game for years, and they have this year's on October 18th. I don't think it would hurt to go and ask. I believe the station in the Soo is open to it.

As far as the tribal folks up there, this is a demographic I do not understand. The UP is sparsely populated, so it isn't an immediate concern to get E85 to the extremely rural areas. I'm concerned about Iron Mountain, Menominee (less so because we have the Angeli's in Marinette, WI), Marquette, Houghton, and Ironwood. The tribal folks can't own every station up there.

The Soo does me no good, thats a three hour one way drive. They have the only other station that carries E85. Too far to go for fuel. Marquette is getting a tribal station, they are building it now across from Lowes next to WalMart. Caused a big stink when they decided to do it, because the local guys cant keep the price up around California prices.