• PipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationHowell, Michigan

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

Michigan- 

New Speedway

3245 Owen Rd Fenton, MI 48430
phone: (810) 750-1990

2012 Malibu 2.4 liter flex. 2004 Silverado 1500 Non-flex 4.3LV6- splashblend to E27 each time. (5 gals E85, 17 Gals E10).

EX: 2008 Chevy Impala 3.5 liter flex-fuel E85

#12 BJoe

BJoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationChicago Burbs

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:19 PM

Looks like Batavia, IL will be getting a new Speedway Cafe, right near one of the entrances to Fermi National Accellerator Laboratory at the Northeast corner of Kirk Rd. And Wilson St. I ran across it by accident tonight around 10:45pm and the construction is just barely under way at this point.

BTW, for those who aren't familiar, with Fermilab, here's a link.

http://www.fnal.gov/
2012 Chrysler 200 Touring with 3.6l Pentastar V-6

#13 storky

storky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChicago Area

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

If the E85 price is on the marquis and pumps are located under the canopy, it will sell. Otherwise E85 is just a secret shared among enthusiasts.

2001 Toyota Prius hybrid [E85] 43.5 mpg lifetime (95% city/5% hwy)

#14 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

The Hiro Hamada of the ethanol world!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationLansing, Michigan

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

See, I've noticed that people tend to be much friendlier to ethanol and more considerate of using it in other states than here. Whenever I'm in Illinois, I almost always see at least one or two other people get E85 while I'm there. Here, not so much. In fact, I almost always have to wait for people to get gasoline at both sides of the only E85 pump, and I've frequently seen people get gasoline in a FFV AT the E85 pump at Speedway. That really irks me. Even at the 80 cent spread here, it hasn't been selling like I'd like it to.

Meijer however, at a lower spread of 35 cents - they're actually selling it. Last I checked, the Meijer on south Pennsylvania Avenue in Lansing is selling over 100 gallons a day. West Saginaw Meijer, one of the first Meijer stations to get E85, is selling over twice that much.
Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars. -Casey Kasem
E85 is less than a dollar per gallon!!!
View May thru July 2016 prices
-Alcohol belongs in cars, not humans. -Me
-2012 Dodge Charger 3.6L Pentastar V6
-Listen pal, we tell it like it is. Somebody is bugging me, I let 'em know. And yeah, maybe that's why I like animals. They tell it like it is. Woof, moo, quack. That's straight shootin'! -Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond (episode: "The Bird")
-I fail to see how you fail to see that it's AWESOME! - Hiro, Big Hero 6

#15 ohiopower

ohiopower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

What is nice about Speedway, outside of their incredible built-out of E85 in the Great Lakes area, is that they also pay attention to price spreads and adjust accordingly.  Most of the time they have been above 15% spread.  There is ALWAYS a line at the Columbus OH area pumps because there are only 2 hoses, but when you have higher E10 prices and 80 cents lower E85 like right now, people with Flex Fuel vehicles are taking advantage.  It has taken some time to build awareness but with competitive pricing, people notice. 

#16 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

• PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:59 PM

Funny you say that. This was formerly a Shell, whose owners happily sold the property to Speedway. They had a towing and auto shop business as well. I actually found the permit application online for this store.

Anyhow, we had no E85 Speedways 10 years ago. 10 years ago, as I was returning from a band camp I hated, during a summer I otherwise look upon very fondly, I never once gave any thought to ethanol and how it would grow. In 2005, we had no E85 stations at all in the Lansing area, and Meijer - a now household name for E85, hadn't even begun experimenting with the fuel yet. Seriously when I tell people about E85, almost instantly it clicks in their mind, and they ask "oh yeah, doesn't the Meijer have that"?

We now have 14 E85 stations in the Lansing metro, 7 of which are Speedway. I still remember how elated I was for the first E85 Speedway we got in the Lansing area just two years ago. I'm attaching a snapshot of the spreadsheet I have for Speedway, improving upon the consumer choice report card that the RFA released in July 2014.

Attached Files

• storky likes this
-Listen pal, we tell it like it is. Somebody is bugging me, I let 'em know. And yeah, maybe that's why I like animals. They tell it like it is. Woof, moo, quack. That's straight shootin'! -Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond (episode: "The Bird")

#17 ohiopower

ohiopower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Actually just noticed a Speedway in Columbus Ohio now has E85 listed, and it's not yet on the Ohio list.  Certainly a lot more of them than there were 5 years ago.  :)

3304 E Broad St

Columbus, OH 43213 1006

(614) 235-5301

Speedway #9706

#18 mjsilverado

mjsilverado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

The store at Jolly and Dunckel in Lansing, MI is now open (for about 2 weeks now) with 10 cents off per gal grand opening special and they indeed have E-85! My new go to fuel station.

#19 mjsilverado

mjsilverado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 06:07 PM

Dont hate me but I think I'll be switching back to (dare I saw it, gulp) regular 87 for the next few weeks....

Well that only lasted one tankful, lol. I'm done with the dirty stuff. Verified it's about break even for me. That's good enough. Wasn't a Speedway though. My truck was getting low and just happened to pass the Carriage Hill Marathon where it was 30 cents cheaper than Speedway so it called me in.

I still don't understand the pricing of E85 between stations. Regular gas is always within pennies at 30 different stations. E85 will be 5 to 30-40 cents different.

At least having the Speedy app makes for a great quick way to check.

#20 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

• PipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

Two new locations, called and confirmed!

Speedway

1136 East Main Street

Chillicothe, OH

740-773-7894

(just reopened following renovation)

Speedway

2908 Memorial Boulevard

Murfreesboro, TN

615-907-8932

(this is one of the Tennessee Speedway locations I've been watching. There are 3 more I know of to watch)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

E85 Mobile APP