• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 roseyangelx

roseyangelx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

The price today for E85 is 2.10 on 11/11/2017.  St Louis finally below $2 mark which seems to be a critical line to break through

#2 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

The Hiro Hamada of the ethanol world!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationLansing, Michigan

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

I agree with that sentiment. The problem is that we are also facing the issue of limited E85 availability, especially once you leave corn belt states. That's why I cringe when I agree with having 30 stations at a good spread rather than 300 at a bad one... but that being said, I do agree. And after all, we do have chains that are doing both. Take Speedway after all, as well as Super America. That's why we need to know who is in it for the right reasons, and make sure to patronize them as much as possible.
Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars. -Casey Kasem
E85 is less than a dollar per gallon!!!
View May thru July 2016 prices
-Alcohol belongs in cars, not humans. -Me
-2012 Dodge Charger 3.6L Pentastar V6
-Listen pal, we tell it like it is. Somebody is bugging me, I let 'em know. And yeah, maybe that's why I like animals. They tell it like it is. Woof, moo, quack. That's straight shootin'! -Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond (episode: "The Bird")
-I fail to see how you fail to see that it's AWESOME! - Hiro, Big Hero 6

#3 HuskerFlex

HuskerFlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

sort of incredible that one chain can have a 0% spread in one community, and have a 22% spread in another.

I got into a philosophical conversation with an ethanol/corn board person one time about this... their contention was that "any e85  station is better than none"... my point was that "bad priced e85 does more damage than good"... giving fuel to the anti ethanol crowd's "e85 is not cost effective" complaint.

Personally I'd rather have 30 e85 stations across the state of Nebraska that were all in the 20-25+% spread range, than to have 300 e85 stations that have an average spread of 0%...  I'd be willing to bet that those 30 stations would sell a higher volume of fuel than the 300 would as well...  probable make more money not only for the stations, but also for the ethanol industry...

• 1outlaw likes this
2012 Ford Escape 3.0 liter FFV e85 only!
2010 Ford Fusion 3.0 liter FFV e85 only!

#4 #1BigHero6Fan

#1BigHero6Fan

The Hiro Hamada of the ethanol world!

• PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationLansing, Michigan

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

Another user on Twitter sent me a pic of a price sign for an MFA station in Jefferson City, MO in December or January, IIRC. The prices for both E85 and tar sands were $2.95... 0% spread. That left a stain in my view of them.
Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars. -Casey Kasem
E85 is less than a dollar per gallon!!!
View May thru July 2016 prices
-Alcohol belongs in cars, not humans. -Me
-2012 Dodge Charger 3.6L Pentastar V6
-Listen pal, we tell it like it is. Somebody is bugging me, I let 'em know. And yeah, maybe that's why I like animals. They tell it like it is. Woof, moo, quack. That's straight shootin'! -Frank Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond (episode: "The Bird")
-I fail to see how you fail to see that it's AWESOME! - Hiro, Big Hero 6

#5 HuskerFlex

HuskerFlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

In following up on this list... I think THEIR list is obviously dated, as in Arkansas, the MFA station in Lake City just had a price posted today...  Nice 22% spread, with e85 at $2.25, gas at $2.90.

Obviously they have not kept their web page up to date with stations added.

Nice to see good prices for them in AR... hope their many Missouri stations are equally as well priced.

#6 HuskerFlex

HuskerFlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

Dan,

I did a quick cross referencing of this list, and our list...  a few that are not on both lists...  then again, this list is dated October of 2012... so they could still be accurate, but need to be verified.

Buffalo

Harrisonville

Herman

Lincoln

Sweet Springs

In Columbia...

* we have a station at 1300 Wiles Blvd. that is not on their list

* we have a station at 901 Hwy 63 North that is not on their list

* we have a station at 101 E. Nifong Blvd (which sounds awfully close to the 110A E. Nifong Blvd that they have) could be the same station

In Sedalia

* we have two stations...  2603 E. Broadway Blvd. and 2701 S. Limit Ave...

* They have just one station 808 E. Broadway Blvd.

Only one station that THEY had, that we didn't

S420 N. Main St.

Sikeston MO

No phone numbers are listed on this site.

#7 HuskerFlex

HuskerFlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

got me curious, so I read up on them... their site (don't know how recent it is but they do have this Poplar Bluff station listed) shows that they have 50 e85 stations, including 1 in Arkansas.

http://www.mfaoil.co...?show=47&mid=69

I didn't double check it against our list... but we may find some additions or corrections from it, if not at least some phone numbers to add.

#8 Dan M

Dan M

Admin

• PipPipPip
  • 8,617 posts
  • LocationSt Cloud , Mn

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

how are they on pricing?  Looking in some states... I see large chains that may have a massive network of e85 stations, but when I see their prices  :o ...  might as well NOT have 85 stations with some of these prices in some states... 

With friends like THAT, who needs enemies!

Not saying that MFA is like that, just curious what their pricing history is.  I'd think that if a large chain was going to be selling and marketing e85 in volume (large financial commitment) they would put SOME thought into how to properly purchase the fuel, and price it accordingly to sell in volume...

Morning Brad,   Years ago MFA had a deal with the Local Ethanol Plant to keep E85 at 20% less than Gasoline.. and they did that for a couple years ..then all of a sudden their prices were all over the place. I am ASSUMING that when corn went through the roof in 2008 that that broke the "deal"   (which btw was caused by the E10 fast growth..which is why I am against the same push for E15 as a base fuel))

anyway here is the "deal"

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Representatives from two farmer-owner cooperatives have announced a partnership created to make E85 (85% ethanol, 15% gasoline) more readily available and affordable to Missourians with flexible-fuel vehicles (FFVs) by offering it at 20% less than regular unleaded gasoline.

Jerry Taylor, president of MFA Oil Co., and Ryland Utlaut, president of Mid-Missouri Energy (MME), explained the agreement at during a press conference at MFA Oil's headquarters in Columbia, Mo., last Friday.

MFA Oil is a 77-year-old farm cooperative [image-nocss] that distributes fuel through bulk facilities, Petro-Card 24 unattended fueling units, dealer-owned gas stations and Break Time convenience stores. MME is a farmer-owned ethanol plant near Malta Bend, Mo.

MFA Oil currently offers E85 at 25 of its Break Time and Petro-Card 24 locations. Taylor said the company is already implementing its plan to double the number of facilities equipped with E85 pumps. The National Ethanol Vehicle Coalition (NEVC) is providing part of the funding for the additional E85 pumps.

Our goal is to help educate consumers so that E85 becomes their fuel of choice, Taylor said. In doing so, we continue to demonstrate MFA Oil Co.'s commitment to strengthening rural economies through support of the biofuel industry.

Stressing the importance of producing renewable fuels that will allow Americans to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, Taylor emphasized that ethanol and biodiesel plants have the potential to be one of the most important economic developments ever to occur in rural Missouri. These biofuel plants not only bring farmers a better price for their crops, but they employ people and afford their farmer owners a return on their investment, he said.

Utlaut supported Taylor's position, noting that ethanol production boosts Missouri's total economic output by $205 million. He said corn used for ethanol production has historically commanded prices ranging from five to 10 cents higher than corn used for other purposes.

To promote E85 awareness, Taylor said MFA Oil will give away a 2006 Ford F-150 FFV at the Fourth of July Fire in the Sky celebration in Columbia.

#9 HuskerFlex

HuskerFlex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

how are they on pricing?  Looking in some states... I see large chains that may have a massive network of e85 stations, but when I see their prices  :o ...  might as well NOT have 85 stations with some of these prices in some states... 

With friends like THAT, who needs enemies!

Not saying that MFA is like that, just curious what their pricing history is.  I'd think that if a large chain was going to be selling and marketing e85 in volume (large financial commitment) they would put SOME thought into how to properly purchase the fuel, and price it accordingly to sell in volume...

#10 Dan M

Dan M

Admin

• PipPipPip
  • 8,617 posts
  • LocationSt Cloud , Mn

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

And another new MFA BreakTime Station selling E85

MFA BreakTime

2940 N Westwood Blvd

Poplar Bluff, Mo

http://www.e85prices.com/missouri.html

MFA owns Missouri..

Salisbury MFA 29495 Hwy 129
Carrollton MFA 900 S. Main St
Shelbina MFA 701 N. Center St
St Joseph MFA Break Time 402 N Woodbine
Dexter MFA Break Time 609 N. Catalpa St.
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 901 Highway 63 North
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 4 Business Loop 70 W C
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 1410 Forum Blvd
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 1416 Old 63 S
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 110A E Nifong
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 200 N. Providence
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 900 Conley Rd
Columbia MFA Break Time E85 Fuel 2101 W Ash Street
Jefferson City MFA Break Time Station 3000 West Truman
Jefferson City MFA Break Time Station 8314 Liberty Rd
Sikeston MFA Break Time Station 1302 S Main
Sikeston MFA Break Time Station 2823 E Malone Ave