Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

Poor pricing at Aurora COOP a-stop in York NE

Posted prices for York a-stop...

WOW... For a very large and very progressively run coop that owns a massive ethanol plant... They are clueless on selling ethanol😣

Their e85 price is what we pay for e10 here in Omaha... A 10 cent spread between e0, 10, 30, 85...  Made no sense.

They own the plant that makes the fuel and the tanker that hauls it the whole 27 miles... How could they/why would they try to charge $3.29 for e85

The co-op in the thumb is the same way. Always charges more than they should, and so I have avoided buying it there the times that I've gone up there. I don't think they own an ethanol plant, but they're not too far from the POET plant in Caro. It's probably a 'charge it because they can get it' situation. Now that the 3 Speedway stations that have E85 around here have it, I can't imagine that Meijer is selling nearly as much.

I've heard the arguement that these stations patron/members get a portion of the profits back (dividends of sorts), so that justifies the jacked up price, as the members are in essence getting a rebate... so it is just a way to sock it to the out of towners, and get them to put more of their money into the local economies...

For me it just means, fill up before you leave, and come back home on empty.

If the price was the same... I'd leave home with a partial tank, and fill up to full before leaving so that I could put some money back home...

The way they do it they get NONE of my business!