Sign in to follow this  
BJoe

Brazilian Vehicle Market Info

Anybody know where I can find the info on vehicles made for sale in Brazil vs what we have received here?

I know there were Cherokee's sold there, and I was wondering if there is a difference in the computers between what we got and what they got for their market.

Umm wonder if the Volt will be 100% ethanol or E25.. either way pretty frustrating to see Brazil getting it but not us

VOLT

The Chevrolet Volt is an electric car innovator who, in addition to preserving the planet, offers driving pleasure. No emissions, he runs up to 120 km with an electricity supply. And going even further with its electric propulsion system exclusively.

You can walk hundreds of kilometers to the next supply, producing energy with a small amount of biofuel, ethanol or gasoline. Keep your driving pleasure while preserving the environment.

I've wondered if you could have an ECU, or even just the  program sent up here... (of course not officially, but as a "gift" :-X)... and in stall one of those programs on the same engine up here...  just don't advertise it, and try to make a business out of it...

I've wondered if you could have an ECU, or even just the  program sent up here... (of course not officially, but as a "gift" :-X)... and in stall one of those programs on the same engine up here...  just don't advertise it, and try to make a business out of it...

I wondered about that too, but we have emissions testing here which consists of the ECU being plugged into a computer to make sure there's no funny business going on with fault codes and a pressure test on the gas cap to make sure it's not losing pressure.

I've wondered if you could have an ECU, or even just the  program sent up here... (of course not officially, but as a "gift" :-X )... and in stall one of those programs on the same engine up here...  just don't advertise it, and try to make a business out of it...

I wondered about that too, but we have emissions testing here which consists of the ECU being plugged into a computer to make sure there's no funny business going on with fault codes and a pressure test on the gas cap to make sure it's not losing pressure.

Should not be any codes they would be looking for if ECU is an FFV version -- however - even if they did not take note of the version, they might take note of the spanish ;D

We dont have emissions testing here in nebraska😊

If I get far enough from Chicago, I wouldn't either.....unfortunately, I'd probably be even farther from work and E85 pumps than I already am..........

Should not be any codes they would be looking for if ECU is an FFV version -- however - even if they did not take note of the version, they might take note of the spanish ;D

Usually they look for codes related to the check engine light (like unhooking the battery to clear a code before the "test"  All their computer tells them if the vehicle passes or fails, some of them barely know much about vehicles other than how to make it "work" (as in a daily driver appliance sense) when they still did the chassis dyno style testing on the pre OBD2 vehicles.

they might take note of the spanish ;D

Portuguese--- ;)

Si ;D

For where I live, there's already a possibility of the employee doing the testing understanding it ;)